13º Chapter

#Kol POV#

I was looking at the costume Elena had chosen for me lying on my bed, unfortunately besides driving me crazy with just her normal actions, she didn't even inform me what we were wearing and I can't help being the most curious in my family. I put on the suit consisting of a white shirt and a tuxedo. I place the fake gun between my skin and my pants and grab my cell phone, searching Elena's number on it, and decide to send her a message.

#SMS#

Hello Darling. Can you tell me now who I'm supposed to be dressed like this?

Hey, actually I won't tell you. You have to guess it.

How am I supposed to find out?

You will know when you see me

Now I'm curious, do you want me to pick you up?

No need, I'm going with your sister, she and Stefan are going dressed as Bonnie and Clyde.

Are you with my sister? What did I miss by not being with you one afternoon?

A lot actually, but i'll explain it to you another time ok? Now i have to finish my makeup, see you at the party handsome.

#Elena POV#

I put my cell phone back down on my bed and see Rebekah looking at me suspiciously.

"What?" - I asked her starting to finish giving the last retouch in my makeup.

"Were you talking to my brother?" - She asked in a very straight way that made me feel anxious all of a sudden.

"What are you talking about? I was definitely not talking with your brother." - I say quickly.

"Oh really? So I can tell him that Anastasia from our class wants to go out with him..." - She said, grabbing her phone.

"Please don't..." - I said in a whisper.

"So you were talking to him after all." - She said, her smile showing how victorious she feels at this moment.

"Please don't tell anyone, I'm begging you Rebekah!" - I say looking at her, she might have felt my panic in my voice because she stopped smiling.

"Don't worry Elena, I know for a few weeks now and I haven't told a soul, your secret is safe with me!" - She got up from the bed and walked in my direction. - " I don't know why you're so afraid, but I'm not going to be the one to tell anyone about you. My brother is happy for the first time in many years, I wouldn't be able to ruin his happiness." - She said smiling and i couldt stop myself from hugging her.

"Thank you for this Bekah, at least now I have someone to talk about whatever is going on between me and Kol." - I said while she accepted my hug.

"You have a lot to tell me because I don't know everything, but that has to wait, now... we have to go. My brother will die again when he sees you dressing like that." - She said, taking a step away from me.

"Do you think he will like this costume?" - I asked her as I looked at myself in the mirror one last time.

"Oh Elena, I think he will love it..." - She said before we left my room.