29º Chapter

"So Elena, were you looking for someone when you got here?" - Qetsiyah asked, starting to walk around the town.

"Actually I was... maybe you've heard of him. Kol Mikaelson?" - I asked, looking around the town square, most of the people around us were in the land of the living so it didn't matter if i looked at them or not.

"Actually, I've never had the displeasure of meeting him." - Qetsiyah says, making me sigh in frustration. - "As you can see Elena, we can watch the living while they can't see us, and me being a devoted hater of the Doppelganger, I've been watching you since the moment you were born. I actually know everything about your life." - She says making me stop in my tracks.

"That's not creepy at all..." - I said looking at her eyes.

"Well, as you can see there is nothing better to do around here, but back to your dead boyfriend. He's not here and he never was. I see every soul that enters in the Other side, and he was never one of them. Probably his brother... What is his name? Niklaus? Maybe he tried to keep his soul somewhere safer than here." - She tells me to stop by the fountain in the middle of the square.

"Why? If he was the one that did it, then why didn't he tell me?" - I asked her, confusion all over my face.

"That's something that I don't know the answer Elena, but there are a lot of other things that i know... and i will gladly tell you all of it." - Qetsiyah took a seat at one of the benches and made me sit next to her just with a flip of her hand.

"Is something about Kol?" - I asked her and she nodded. - "Then please... do tell." - I say trying to get comfortable on the bench.

"Well my dear, I don't know if you will believe it but... you and Kol were much more than just boyfriend and girlfriend. You guys had a conexion, a rare one by the way. So rare that I always saw it happen once in my entire life and afterlife..." - She let a laugh escape her lips. - " Sorry, I need to focus. So, what I'm trying to say is... how dead have you been feeling since Kol died?" - She asked me, making me frown an eyebrow.

"What do you mean... i'm didn't feel dead or anything." - I lied, straight to her face and in the same second i knew that it was a stupid dumb decision. - "Sorry, force of the habits lying to everybody about how i feel. So yes, being completely honest, I feel like if my heart was ripped out of my chest I wouldn't feel a thing because I literally haven't felt anything besides pain since that night." - I told her what I never told my friends, the type of things that they didn't understand.

"That's perfectly normal Elena, i just don't understand what has happened to you to be made for Kol..." - She said, thinking probably about what she had just said.

"What do you mean?" - I asked her, looking curious at her face.

"You are a doppelganger and you are supposed to be with a male doppelganger, you were for a while but then... you too broke up and when Kol made his first appearance at the ball, i could see you guys glow from here, it was like a beacon. Since the minute that you looked eyes with him I understood that you are indeed different from the other doppelganger." - She said, only making me more confused. - "Oh dear... what i'm trying to say is and believe me if you want but you, Elena and Kol are soulmates, you were born for each other so that you can complete one another with your differences. That's why you haven't felt anything besides pain, because the only reason that you were born to ... was dead." - She said looking at me, for a moment I swear I could see a tear fall from her face.

"You had one soulmate too?" - I asked her, making her smile sadly.

"Yes, but in my case it was only me, I loved him and he loved a doppelganger... just like you." - She said and i looked at her watching her trying to maintain her posture.

"I'm really sorry to hear that..." - I say.

"It's ok... it's been like two thousand years since that, I still feel pain, but I got used to it. Now you should get back to your friend, but first I need to tell you one more thing... I never know if i'm going to see you again because the Other side is still a big place. So Elena, the thing is, the connexion between soulmates can be a curse but it can be a gift too, I'm going straight to the point..."

That was it, that was the worst pain I ever felt in my entire life, but at least I'm dead... I can just cry all night without anyone bothering me...