30º Chapter

#Rebekah POV#

I was at the living room watching my only two living brother fight about some girl that got pregnant from a one night stand with Niklaus, after all he is a hybrid, and werewolfs can procriate, in my opinion he was just dumb.

"Niklaus, you are not going to leave Hayley to die with the witches, this is your child we are talking about." - Elijah said looking at my brother that returned the look with the same amount of rage.

"Oh shut up once and for all Elijah, I'm tired of hearing about how I can still be saved. Well brother, i have some news for you, I can't be saved." - Klaus said, throwing a glass in Elijah's direction.

"Nik... I agree with Elijah, not with the part that you can be saved but the part that you can't let the mother of your child die. You know how much I wanted to have kids and I'm never gonna be able to have them, but ... give this child a family." - I say at the same time that my phone is starting to ring. - "What in hell this bitch wants?"

"Who is it?" - Nik asks, looking at the phone in my hand.

"Your long lost lover, Caroline Forbes." - I say give him the phone willingly because I knew that he was getting the phone either way.

Klaus grabbed my phone and answered the call with the typical "Hello Love", he had a smile on his face. I'm starting to think that even in 100 years from now, the love that my brother has for this blonde will still be there. I saw my brother starting to pace around the room while listening to what Caroline had to say. He didn't say much but when he finally did, even I was afraid.

"Caroline, I'm warning you, if this is some sick trick to lure me back to Mystic Falls, I promise that I will give each one of you an excruciating death." - Nik said, making me and Elijah start to really pay attention to him. I could see the tears starting to show in my brother's eyes while he listened." - Don't worry, I'll tell them.

Nik finally hung up the phone, making me jump from the couch. I saw a single tear fall from my brother's eyes and suddenly I was stuck between his arms in a warm hug. He hugged me so tight that I could feel his pain entering my body.

"Niklaus, what happened?" - Eliajh was the one that asked while I held my brother tight in the hug.

"I'm so sorry sister." - Was the only thing that left Nik's lips for a couple of minutes, finally he took some courage to take a step away from me, his hands holding my shoulders in a supportive way that made me feel even more confused about this whole situation.

"Please Nik, you're scaring me, bloody hell... even Elijah is scared right now." - I said, trying to light up my brother's mood.

"It's Elena... she" - He couldn't complete his sentences because his words were cut off by the tears that insisted to come back to his eyes.

"Please don't say it brother... Please tell me it is not what I think it is." - I said, taking a step away from him.

"I'm really sorry Rebekah but Elena fell off the bridge last night... they can't even find her body. I'm so sorry sister." - Nik said, trying to hug me again but I couldn't let him touch me right now.

"I've lost the last thing that really loved our brother like one of us. We lost the last piece of Kol's heart... I lost a sister. We lost family. I can't take it anymore, I can't take more losses. I'm done seeing people die." - I said, tears falling from my eyes and I didn't even bother to stop them.

"Today this family lost another member, and for all of our sakes, I won't let any more family die if I could stop it." - Nik said, giving me a quick kiss of the forehead. - "I'll be right back sister." - He said, grabbing his cote.

"Where are you going?" - I asked, looking at him, my vision blurry due to the tears.

"I'm saving your niece. I will bring them both home in one piece, I swear Rebekah, for you and for Elena. This family needs something good to finally happen, and maybe that's it... maybe this child is our hope." - He said before leaving the room.

That's it... that's the end of the line for my sister Elena, she was so kind, happy and fearless even before all of the things that have happened to her. She was the best person i ever knew, she was family and i love all of my family, but the love of a sister is bigger than anything. My sister died, but with that... I'm going to do everything that I can to make this family happy again. At least I have to try.