31º Chapter

#Klaus POV#

It's been a year since Elena died and with that a year that i promised to make this family happy again. I was sure that I had made the best decision of my life thanks to Elena because right now, I'm holding the most precious thing in my arms, so tiny, so pure. We all considered calling her Elena, like the aunt she never going to meet, but to honor Elena we just had to call her Hope. Elena was the hope that came into our lives and saved us all from misery, with her we all understood what compassion meant, we saw with our eyes how selfless she could be. She saved Rebekah from living another 1000 years without knowing the meaning of having a sister and a friend. She saved Elijah when she showed him that there are other people in the world that are able to give their word for something and really keep their promises, and me? She saved me from so many things, she saved me from being alone... she gave me my hybrids even if it meant paying with her life. She gave me something that I would never be able to thank her for, she gave me Hope, the little baby i'm holding in my arms... she really taught me the true meaning of family.

"Hey Nik." - Rebekah said entering the nursery that we've made out for Hope.

"Shh, she just fell asleep." - I got up from the chair trying to put my daughter on her crib in the most gentle way I could. - "What's up?" - I said while I walked away from the nursery.

"There is some witch downstairs that wants to talk to us. Some Davina Claire i think." - My sister looked at me confused when all of my face lit up.

"Well, then we must hurry dear sister." - I said, speeding into the living room watching the small girl in front of me, a little smile on her face.

"Niklaus, is there something that we must know?" - Elijah was the one that asked, I just smiled watching Freya entering the living room with a big smile on her face.

"You did it?" - I asked, looking at the two witches.

"It wasn't easy, but yes... we finally did it." - Freya said, making me feel my eyes starting to water up.

"What have you done brother? Sister... What have you helped him do?" - Rebekah asked speeding in front of Freya.

"Kol...we brought him back." - Freya said smiling.

"W...What? But... how?" - Rebekah said now smiling like a mad woman.

"It took a lot of blood and a lot of magic, but we did it. He is still half asleep but he must wake up in a few more minutes." - Davina said, looking at all of us.

"Please Davina, tell Marcel that I own him." - I said smiling at the girl seeing her nod.

"Kol... he is going to ask about her." - Elijah said, making all of us look at him. - "The last thing he probably remembers is her watching him die in her kitchen, how can we tell him from all the people that his lover died a year ago?" - My brother asked, making me sigh in frustration, he was right and I didn't even think about that, I just wanted my younger brother back.

"I'll tell him..." - Rebekah said, the tears in her eyes already forming.

"Tell me what?" - The voice that we all missed so much came from behind us, the three of us looking at him almost snapping our own neck from the speed.

"Kol." - Rebekah said, running to the arms of our brother.