51º Chapter

#Elena POV#

"Kai is here" - I scream trying to alert everybody in the house.

"He is trying to take Hope!" - Hayley screamed back at me from the other side of the house.

I got out of my room the fastest I could, I ran into the hall in the direction of Hope's nursery, but when I got there it was too late, too late for everybody I loved. They were all laying around on the floor, their hearts ripped out of their body's. I tried to find Kol among them but he was nowhere to be found.

"Kol?" - I screamed while I tried to see if Rebekah was alive, but sadly she wasn't.

"In here..." - I heard a whisper, I could feel his pain, his sadness. He was in the bathroom, his body fully covered in blood.

"Oh baby..." - I said kneeling beside him, I passed my hands through his hair making him give me a small smile.

"If I move... I'll die my love." - He said, looking me in the eyes.

"W...Why?" - I asked, trying to find the reason for his words.

"He had white oak with him... probably it's spreading in my body as we talk, and if i move... it will be faster..." - He said moving only his hand to touch my face.

"There must be something I can do to help you." - I said, trying to think of some way to save the love of my life from dying in my arms.

"There is nothing you can do darling... Please just, be with me." - He said, giving me a sad smile.

"I can't lose you... I can't lose all of our family... I won't make it alone this time." - I said resting my hand on his cheek.

"Too late for that, he's gone and your niece is next." - A voice said behind me, Kai.

I jerked up in the bed, I could feel the sweat running down my forehead, along with the tears that covered my eyes. I looked at the man sleeping peacefully next to me, he had his eyes closed but I knew that he must have been crying for most of the night due to the news i told him a couple of hours ago.

I got out of the bed carefully to not wake up Kol, I grabbed one of my hoodies and I dressed it, I headed downstairs so i could prepare something to eat. For a couple of minutes I was alone, until Niklaus appeared in the kitchen.

"Good morning sister." - He said, giving me a small kiss on the forehead. - "How was your night?" - He asked.

"It was... intense." - I said, not finding the right words to describe everything that had happened the night before.

"You told him... haven't you?" - He asked, serving two cups of coffee.

"I did..." - I said, grabbing the cup he gave me - "Thank you."

"How did he react?" - Niklaus took a seat next to me.

"Not as bad as I thought he would... he was calm and caring the whole time. He was worried about the way I felt..." - I said, taking a sip of the warm coffee.

"Kol really changed you know, because of you. He was caring because, let me tell you a secret... He always wanted kids, since he was a little boy, he always talked about how much he wanted a family... and you, you are giving him the chance for that to happen." - Klaus said, making me smile weakly.

"We don't even know if that could happen again..." - I said looking at him.

"Maybe one day it will happen again, don't worry about that." - He said, grabbing my hand. - "You are family Elena, always and forever." - Nik said, making me smile generally at him.

Rebekah entered the kitchen along with Marcel, both of them had smiles on their faces, Hayley and Elijah showed up almost at the same time, which made me wonder if they had spent the night together under the same roof as Klaus.

"Good morning 'Lena!" - Rebekah said, giving me a quick hug.

"Good morning Bekah." - I said looking at her, she had the biggest smile on her face. - "Good night?" - I asked making her cheeks turn red.

"Actually yes... a very good one." - She looked at Marcel giving him a small kiss on the lips.