50º Chapter

Elena was looking at me trying to calm herself down before she started to talk, but it was useless, she took my hands in her and she decided to talk anyway, even if that took a little of her life at every word.

"The night I died... I wasn't in the limbo, I actually ended up on the other side. I looked for you and asked for you but no one seemed to have seen you so I ended up with an old friend... Lexi. I told her about you, actually she seems to have heard of you before I mean, the old you." - She said smiling, which made me smile. - "She used to be very judgemental in regards to people but after i told her our story she understood that i was happy with you and no one else in this world would make me feel alive again like you did." - Elena said again, trying to stop once again for the tears to stop falling.

"It's ok darling... you can tell me." - I said, trying to make her a little more comfortable to continue talking.

"Then I met someone... Qetsiyah..." - She said, making me look at her worried.

"And you make it out of there alive? Because from what I've heard, that women hated doppleganger to death." - I said, making her give a small chuckle.

"It's true, she really hates doppelgangers... but she took me on a walk around town so she could talk to me for a bit. She said that i was going to come back, but i knew that it was not possible because i haven't drank vampire blood since you..." - Elena said, her brown eyes were now closed letting the tears fall freely from them. - "She talked to me about some legend that could be both a blessing or a curse. The legend of the soulmates..." - She said.

"I know about that legend, about how two people can love somebody so much that they feel what the other is feeling, that they know what the other person is thinking. It's pretty commun between wolves and humans..." - I said looking at her.

"Yes, I know... she told me that it was very rare for a connection like that to happen between vampires and even more between a vampire and a human. But she knew right away that the way I felt about your death wasn't normal, she understood that... When you died, part of me died too." - She said, looking at me.

"That's why... When I found that you've died, I felt like I was dying all over again, like my heart was being ripped out of my chest." - I said realising that it might be true, Elena might be my soulmate, that explains why i knew how much she felt uncomfortable, how i feel sad whenever she feels sad and how happy i feel when i know that she is happy.

"That's the curse part... we're each other half and both of us lost it at some point..." - She said looking at me, making me give her a sad smile. - "The blessing of the soulmates is that...gives us the ability to...procreate." - There is no way that the tears will stop falling anytime soon from her eyes.

"What do you mean darling?" - I asked her, genuinely confused about what she was saying.

"The vampire blood in my system wasn't totally yours...She told me that I was pregnant, 4 months pregnant when I fell off the bridge... our son gave his life away so he or she could save mine... I killed our baby by not looking at the road... by not paying attention... I'm so sorry Kol, I'm so sorry I didn't realise I was carrying your baby at the time... I'm so sorry." - She was inconsolable now and i couldn't do anything because i was feeling just like when i found out she died, i feel like part of myself died a little bit again, part of me was lost again.

She cried while all i could do was look at our entwined hands, a single tear falling from my eyes, i never thought that this was ever a possibility, having kids. I always wanted kids when I was human but for a thousand years I got used to the idea of not having them because nature wouldn't allow it, it would ruin the balance of the supernatural. I finally was able to look at her, she looked devastated, like she is losing me again.

"Even before our kid was borned, he already saved the love of my life, my world, my soulmate... and for that I will thank our little angel forever till the day I die and I'll be reunited with her or he. It's ok to cry 'Lena but it was not your fault... you didn't know and that's ok. It was not supposed to happen so why would you think that you might be carrying our baby in you?" - I say making her finally look at me. - "Don't blame yourself for that, please... because everytime you cry I feel like my heart it's being broken over and over again...It was not your fault baby. I promise." - I said pulling her towards me, giving her a tight hug, her arms contorning my body in a fast way, hugging me back.

"I can't lose you too..." - She said while sobbing into my chest.

"You will never, ever lose me Elena." - I said, giving small strokes to her hair trying to comfort her and calm her down even when i feel like i could break down just like her at any moment.