57º Chapter

"But why?" - I asked her, my eyes already full of tears, she was looking at me confused.

"She is the only one that can possibly help Hope control her magic, along with Freya." - Hayley said taking a sit next to me, her hand on my back.

"But why Davina?" - I asked again, the tears already falling from my face.

"Because she already helped this family so much... But Elena, are you ok?" - She asked, looking at my face.

"I don't know anymore." - I said in the most honest way, letting the tears fall freely from my face.

"Can I ask you a few questions?" - I nodded, so she decided to continue. - "Are you having mood swings lately?" - She asked, making me look at her confused.

"I wouldn't call them mood swings, but yes..." - I said.

"Are you always tired? Like whenever you can, you just take a nap?" - She asked again and I nodded. - And when you are not sleeping, you're eating right? At least that's what I saw this last week." - Hayley said, making me frown an eyebrow.

That was the breaking point, I looked at her, my brain didn't stop for a moment in the following minutes. When Kol asked me if i was at that time of the month, i said yes... and i was supposed to be, but i'm not. Everything I feel it's like a new vampire all over again, everything is heightened, the happiness but the sadness too. It can be... right?

I looked at Hayley, my mouth open due to the shock that I was feeling while she stood there, next to me with the biggest smile I ever saw in her.

"Can you... I don't know... do something to know if it's true?" - I asked her, looking at my flat belly.

"Do you want me to try to hear the heartbeat? I can try, but it won't be easy... if you're pregnant it's recent right?" - She asked me and I just nodded. - "So yeah, I can try but I probably won't be able to hear it, because the heartbeat is going to be really faint."

"Just... try, please" I said looking at her.

Hayley closed her eyes, probably trying to focus on every sound that my body was making at the moment. In a matter of seconds she looked at me, her expression confused and shocked, she was looking at me, the smile starting to grow on her lips making me smile, it's not possible...

"I hear it, it's not faint at all... it's strong, it's stronger than Hope's used to be. Elena, you are indeed pregnant." - She said, making me start to cry all over again. - "It's ok, it's going to be ok" - She pulled me into her embrace, hugging me tight.

"I'm going to be a mom... Kol is going to be a father... oh my god. Klaus is going to have another baby in his life and Hope... oh my god, Hope will have a cousin." - I told her, my voice broken due to the happy tears that still fall from my face.

"Everyone is going to be here for you... every step of the way Lena, you are definitely not alone in this." - She said, kissing my forehead. - "Welcome to the club of the miracle babies." - She joked, making me smile widely.