46º Chapter

I felt like my head could explode at any moment now. I tried to get up only to feel like I had been hit by a car. My legs shake uncontrollably due to the pain that I feel in them, just like my arms. I looked around me, trying to understand where I am right now, but the only thing I see is a bed made with blue sheets that I haven't seen in my whole life.

I felt weak and hungry, not the usual hunger that I feel most days, but my stomach was making really loud noises making me starve even more. I crawled to bed trying to lay as still as I could because when I try to move a single muscle I just want to cry and scream. I put my hand on my forehead where it hurts the most, blood was all over my face and my hair, not warm blood but a dried one.

I couldn't hear any steps around the house, any heartbeat, not even my own. I didn't put much thought into that because soon I started to feel the tiredness taking over my body. My eyes finally closed, leading me to a deep sleep. I didn't dream, I didn't see Kol like I used to everytime i close my eyes. I just sleep.

I didn't even realize the time passing threw me because everytime i opened my eyes I was still alone, no voices, no heartbeats... nothing, just me and my crescent hunger. In the first days I tried to get up, looking at the window that was in the room, seeing only forest around me. But right now I don't have the strength to get out of this bed anymore.

In the 4th day being in that house i finally heard something, the door of my room was being opened but i don't have the power in me to open my eyes, i just waited to be taken away from there, to feel Kol's arms around me and taking me out of that place, but that feeling never came. I reunited all of my forces to open my eyes, I saw a silhouette near the bed, it was a man. It took a couple of seconds for my vision to start to focus on my surroundings. When I finally realized what man I am looking at, I immediately thought of death, because that is the only thing he does... he kills people, just because he can.

In the 3 years that I've been a vampire, I just stood in the same room as this guy one or maybe two times and everytime i felt uncomfortable, he made me feel that way. I met in the first year. The killing, the sadness, the frustration he brought into our lives was horrible, but I didn't have anything to lose at the time, so I didn't really care about what he might've done to me at the time. But now I have people I want to protect, I have my family.

I never thought that i would see him again, he was supposed to be locked up forever, alone like Bonnie promised, what the hell is Kai Parker doing out of the prison world?

"What have you done to me, Kai?" - I asked him, my voice sounding weaker than I expected.

"Oh so you remember me? Great. I really didn't want to go through all of that stuff like introducing me to you. It would've been awkward since I remember you so well." - He said in his typical excited voice that made me want to die right away. - "So yeah... as you know I'm a sociopath, I know... shocker." - He said, smiling at me.

"That doesn't answer my question." - I said to him, it took all of me to not show any kind of pain or tiredness as I sat myself properly on the bed.

"Easy there tiger, everything in the right time. Right now, please eat." - He said, putting a plate full of pasta near me at the bed. I tried not to attack the food right away, I didn't want to give him that satisfaction. - "So Elena, the truth is, I need your blood to do some ancient spells. You know that your blood was used multiple times for great spells like, creating the vampire race?" - He asked me, that stupid question making me roll my eyes.

"I'm aware of that... yes, doppelganger and bla bla bla..." - I said taking a small bite of my food.

"Exactly, so the thing is, you are going to stay with me for a while because I need a constant source of your blood to practice magic, because you know? Syphoner here." - He said, letting a laugh leave his lips. - "But i realized that your vampire blood wasn't as strong as when you had human blood, i don't know why, maybe because magic fights magic and all of that crap. So, I came back to the prison world to try to find some little thing to make this process a little easier for the both of us." - He said looking at me, now the smile was gone from his face.

"You came back there so... why didn't you stay there?" - I asked, making him even more angry.

"Because, once I found what I was looking for, I came back. You know that little vial of the cure that most people talked about? It's true and right now it's running in your system. So, congratiolations Elena, you are a stupid, miserable, patethic human again."

I looked at him at that point trying to understand if what he was saying it's true, it made sense... the fact that i am so hungry, that i can't hear anything around me and why my face was covered in blood, i was human again and that should be something to celebrate, but not right now... not when Kol is alive again and i was finally accepting living for all eternity. Right now i was just a stupid human that can't even protect herself, he could kill me with a twist of his wrist and i could't stop him.

"Please, eat your food. I'll be back tomorrow." - He said, leaving my room, closing the door behind him. I didn't know how I could stop myself from crying but I did. I was tired of crying for every other reason, what i need to do is to survive so i can get out of here someday.