55º Chapter

#Kol POV#

the night breeze was beating against my body, if i was human i would probably have goosebumps. I was looking at the garden, thinking about how lucky I am right now. It's not everyday that you can say that you've come back from the dead. Behind me was Elena, the most perfect woman in the whole world, the love of my life, the woman that against all odds is still alive, even before everything she has been through.

I took a few steps towards her, her hair was spread on the pillow all messy, her body was covered by the white sheets of the bed that made a perfect contrast with her olive skin. I smile, it's not everyday that she sleeps so peacefully like today, usually by this time of the night she had a nightmare already, but not today... today she even has a smile on her lips.

The sun was coming up, i couldn't sleep all night because my thoughts didn't let me, every time i've tried to close my eyes, i was filled by the images of a family of my own, two childs on my arms, both of them looking so much like Elena, they both had her smile. If the legend it's really true I hope that someday we can actually be able to have a family.

I grabbed a t-shirt from the floor before heading to the kitchen, the house was still in complete silence, probably everybody is still asleep and I can only imagine that the witches and my dear love are the only ones that are going to wake up with a hangover.

I started to prepare breakfast, coffee, some pancakes and fruit. When I was almost done I heard steps coming from upstairs, I didn't have to look behind me to know that the arms that are now around me are from Elena.

"You're up early..." - She said, her voice still quiet from having just woken up, it was the most adorable sound I've ever heard.

"Couldn't sleep ... I made breakfast." - I said, turning around hugging my short brunette that didn't waste any time burying her face on my chest.

"I realised, I woke up because of the smell... It smells delicious." - She said, looking finally at me. She had a lazy smile on her face.

"Did you sleep well?" - I asked her, putting my hand gently on her cheek.

"Actually, I had the best night of sleep I had in a long time." - She said, she put herself on her tiptoes giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"I wonder why..." - I said in a mocking tone, next thing I know my arm is being slap in a jockfull way.

"Don't flatter yourself Kol, you are good, but not that good." - She said, trying to hurt my ego, but I knew perfectly that she was just kidding.

"Oh yes darling, i believe that your screams last night were because i was not that good, am i right?"

I started to run around the kitchen island, Elena following me trying to hit me in every way she could, I was laughing hard when I decided to end the chase she was doing. I stopped running and I looked at her with a devilish smile. She immediately stopped running and started to pace back.

"Don't you fucking dare Kol Mikaelson." - She said pointing a finger in my direction.

"I'm not doing anything..." - I said in the most innocent way I could while I took a few steps in her direction.

"I swear Kol, if you try to turn the game against me, I will... cut your balls out!" - She threatened me, which made me start to laugh all over again. - "What are you laughing about?" - She asked, entering the living room.

"Oh baby, you are cute when you try to be brave." - I said.

She threw a pillow in my direction in a fast movement, she then started to run around the living room. I was running after her slowly, laughing every time she almost fell over something, her cursing under her breath everytime that happened. I was done playing the prey and the predator game so I decided to take advantage of my vampire speed to be in front of her in second. She jumped back when she saw me in front of her, falling on the couch making me laugh.

"That 's cheating!" - She said, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

"Don't be a bad loser darling, I'm faster than you." - I said getting on top of her on the couch, Elena was trying to hide the smile that wanted so badly to appear on her face. She was about to talk when I gave her a sign to be quiet. I was listening carefully at the sound of footsteps getting downstairs and by the sound of it, Elijah was on his way. I whisper in her ear something that made her almost laugh but thank god she didn't. I got up and vamped speed to hide behind the wall that separates the stairs from the living room.

As soon as I saw Elijah I jumped in front of him making a scary sound, Elijah had his hand on his chest looking at me while stepping back.

"Why would you do that brother? You know I'm old, I could die." - He said, making me laugh, I watched Elena coming from behind him. She jumped on his back in a fast movement making Elijah scared all over again.

"Elijah, are you really scared of a poor and innocent human?" - Elena asked, getting next to me.

"It was not enough having Kol in this family, now we have a female version of him, great... just great." - Elijah said with a smile on his face.

"What is happening here?" - Rebekah asked, looking at the three of us.

"Nothing sister... Everything is just perfect." - I said, hugging Elena from behind.