12º Chapter

#3th Person POV#

A few days had passed since the last kiss between Kol and Elena, almost every day, the lovers met at her house to spend the afternoon together, watching movies, talking or just looking at each other, letting their eyes have a silent conversation that said everything they both felt.

When Kol warned that he couldn't leave the house because one of his brothers asked him to stay, Elena would show up there with the excuse that it was part of the deal to go donate blood every week, Kol felt bad about it, she had to suffer to be with him, but after he drove her home with the excuse that she felt too weak to drive, she assured him that she did it willingly and because she wanted to spend time with him no matter what.

#Elena POV#

No one could suspect that I was seeing Kol every day behind the world's back, so when Caroline dragged me into the gym to help finish up for the party, I couldn't refuse, I saw Kol leaving the classroom with a small smile on his lips as he told me to call him when he left without a sound.

I was in a corner of the gym organizing what would be the drinks and snacks table while watching Rebekah from afar, the blonde looked like a silly cockroach walking around while asking everyone if they needed help finishing the tasks, not a single person there was able to accept Rebekah's help which made me quite sad for her. I saw the blonde approach Caroline with a smile on her face.

"Hey Caroline, can I help you with something? I want to be productive!" - Rebekah says excitedly.

"No. You can't. The only way you can help is if you and your family disappear from this town and from our lives once and for all." - Caroline said with a fake smile on her face.

"What did I ever do to you Caroline?" - The smile on Rebekah's face started to fade away.

"How about when you and your psychopathic hybrid brother decided to make my boyfriend the first successful guinea pig of one of his followers?" - Caroline said as if it was something obvious.

"Caroline, I am sorry for what my brother did, and I am even more sorry that it was Tyler who suffered in this situation. But you have to understand that Nik can be quiet...." - Rebekah was trying to speak only to be interrupted by Caroline.

"No Rebekah, you have to understand that nobody wants you or your family here." - Caroline said and that's it, that was enough.

I make my way towards the two blondes and I put myself between the two vampires that were staring at each other.

"Care, there's no need to talk to her that way..." - I say in a very calming tone.

"Why are you defending her Elena, do you remember that her brother killed you so he could break the hybrid curse right?" - Caroline whispered so that only we could hear .

"Because none of this is her fault Caroline. When Klaus killed me she was still trapped in a coffin remember? It wasn't her fault what happened to me or to you." - I said, trying to defend Rebekah the best way I could.

"So what? She continues to live with him and support him in the decisions and actions he takes." - Caroline says, this time looking deep into my eyes.

"Of course Caroline, because she is his sister, she will support him in everything she can, because that is what family does." - I said starting to get frustrated by Care actions.

"You can't be serious Elena." - The blonde said, rolling her eyes at me.

"I am being very serious Caroline, she doesn't need to suffer for everything he did. All she needs is a friend, someone to finally not compare her to her brother or brothers, someone that can see past through everything her family did and just be her friend and see her for what she is. She is a nice girl Caroline, she just went through pain that we can never understand, imagine living 1000 years in the shadow of her brother. Just imagine, and then we can talk about this again. " - I say now quite annoyed with the whole situation. I grab my bag and leave the gym walking to my car, just as I was about to get into it, I hear Rebekah's voice, which makes me stop.

"Elena?" - Rebekah called my name and I looked at her trying to smile.

"Yes?" - I asked.

"I just wanted to thank you for... you know, what you just said." - Rebekah says, smiling at me.

"You don't have to thank me... I just don't think that you deserve to be treated that way." - I say, offering her a small smil.

"I don't want you to pity me... but you know, thanks anyway." - She said.

"It's not pity Rebekah, but if you really want to thank me, you can come to my house tomorrow to get ready for the Halloween party. What do you think?" - I asked her, smiling.

"Are you serious?" - She asked me with a face full of doubt what made me laugh.

"Of course, friends are for this kind of occasion too, you know? See you tomorrow." - I said and I entered my car driving home.