43º Chapter

#Elena POV#

I woke by the sound of someone ringing the doorbell, thanks to my vampire hearing i could hear the two new voices that talked downstairs, they were whispering so i couldn't quite understand about what their talking but i actually didn't care. I finally opened my eyes confirming that I was alone at the bed and later realized that I was alone in the room.

I dressed in some shorts along with a t-shirt of Kol and I started to head downstairs only to encounter Elijah coming upstairs.

"Good morning, dear Elena." - He said, making me smile at him.

"Good morning 'Lijah. They have arrived?" - I asked him and I could see a smile appear on his face that he tried so hard to keep hidden.

"Actually they have. They can't wait to meet you." - He said and I put a hand on his shoulder like telling him to lead the way towards the living room.

I looked around the living room seeing a girl that looked around my age with a cute little girl on her lap. In the other corner of the room was a man, I supposed that it was Marcel and Hayley and the cute little girl is Hope. As soon as they noticed me in the room with them, they both made their way in my direction.

"You must be the famous Elena Gilbert." - Marcel said, grabbing me in a hug.

"And you must be Marcel, the guy that Rebekah is always talking about." - I said, hugging him back.

"That 's me." - He said, taking a step away from me. I looked at Hayley smiling at her.

"And you must be Hayley... and this cute little thing is Hope am i right?" - I said smiling at the 3 year old toddler that immediately smiled at me.

"Elena, you don't know how much I wanted to meet you. Rebekah and Niklaus never stopped talking about you." - Hayley said and that made me smile in the same second. Hope grabbed my hair with her tiny hand pulling me in her direction as she smiled at me. - "Do you like untie Elena? She usually doesn't like people but... apparently you and Kol ... she just liked both of you right away." - Hayley said, which made my smile turn into a sad one. I tried to hide it by making funny faces to Hope that laughed in her mother's lap.

"Can i?" - I ask Hayley.

"Sure, she's all yours!" - The hybrid said giving me Hope so I could take her in my lap.

The morning passed, I was always sitting on the couch with Hope on my lap. I made her laugh almost all morning with some funny noises and faces that I made in her direction. Being with the baby made me realize that i could be just like this with my baby if i haven't died, that made me feel sad, angry and empty again. I needed Kol but he was nowhere to be found. Eventually I have to tell him about the real reason that made me come back.

We all turned our faces towards the entry when we saw Rebekah make her way into the house surrounded by at least 50 people, she started to order the people around and then she looked at us, especially to Hope, me and Hayley with a shocked expression.

"How? What ? Have you already stolen my place as her favorite untie?" - Rebekah asked, making me smile in her direction.

"I didn't do anything... she just liked me." - I said looking again at Hope. - "You like me? You like untie Elena? Yes you do." - I said with a cute baby voice making Hope laugh in my arms.

"You and Kol... probably it's about the conn..." - She was starting to speak but as soon as i looked at her with wide eyes she understood that she should be quiet.

"So my love... what's about all the people invading our house?" - Marcel asked Rebekah, giving her a little kiss on the cheek.

"Well, I want to throw a party in the honor of the ones in our family that have returned. Hayley, Hope, Kol and obviously Elena. So here it is, you're welcome back to life gift, sister." - She said, handing me a bag with a dress inside of it.

"You didn't have to, Bekah." - I said looking at her with a smile.

"I know, but I wanted to." - She said, taking little Hope out of my arms.

"So what time is this party starting?" - Elijah asked looking at Hayley, I found it a little bit odd but I didn't pay really much attention to the looks they both share with each other.