Coach's granddaughter

request from: @maximoff216

Coach Washijō had been absent from practice for a couple of days now, some people say he had gotten sick and others say he could have just wanted a break.

But in reality the old coach was just babysitting his granddaughter. The lovely three year old was beautiful and charming. Not only that but was able to get away with anything due to the beauty they held.

During the afternoon Washijō had came in to practice but not alone. The little three year old had followed him. Wearing a gorgeous outfit that complimented their eyes.

The afternoon sun glistened on their smooth skin, making them warm and comfortable. As soon as the door opened everyone's head turned.

As they bowed their eyes fixed on the little child. "Well whose this?" Tendou asked grinning at the small human.

"This is my granddaughter, they will be here for the time being." Washijō had stated. "Please do not be distracted by them, as adorable as they are. They will make you unfocus on the important stuff." Coach added.

But as soon as he said that, it was too late. Everyone had gathered around the small child. "Well aren't you a beautiful one." Semi smiled while picking them up.

The granddaughter smiled and stared into the eyes of the tall volleyball player. Semi did nothing but melt into the glare. And that's when he had gotten distracted along with the others.

But one was not pleased, Ushijima didn't like children, or anyone in particular. He was still on the court practicing his spikes.

"Ushijima! Cmon! There's a beautiful child here." Shirabu shouted. "No thank you." Ushijima coldly replied.

His response lead Shirabu to roll his eyes. "Don't mind mr. grumpy pants over there uh"- "Y/n" Coach said. "Their name is Y/n"

"What a beautiful name." Tendou smiled while pitching their cheek. The child giggled at the attention they were receiving.

As for Ushijima, he was still on the court. Coach didn't mind as the players had a break. Soon enough everyone returned to practice.

While playing a match, Y/n had gotten onto the court while coach looked away. Nobody had seen the child walking into the match. Until Ōhira had spiked the ball directly towards the small child.

As the ball came flying to Y/n, they were quickly grabbed by a tall figure. Looking up, Y/n stared into the eyes of Ushijima. "Wah! Ushijima saved Y/n!" Tendou shouted.

Y/n and Ushijima stared into each other's eyes until Coach had broken the eye contact. "Dear, luckily they aren't hurt. Thank you Ushijima." Coach thanked while holding the small kid.

Ushijima had only kept looking at the child until someone had tapped his shoulder. "Are you okay?" Semi asked. He had only nodded and returned to the match.

At the end of the day everyone was ready to leave, before leaving they said their goodbyes to Y/n. Most of them had frowned thinking of not seeing the young kid soon.

As Ushijima walked by Y/n had called him in a way. He turned his head and saw them smiled brightly at him. He still had that blank expression on his face until walking out the door.

And that's when he smiled.

A/n: oof been a while since i've written a story lol but i hope it was enjoyable :)