39: Orange

Axl

Staring directly at the lobby of the condominium tower that he lives in, makes me wanna go up there without no reason.

Well, I had one. To see the brothers, that was the only reasonable thing.

Wether I deny it or not, having them for months in my condo kept me company and made me used to having people around me. Back then, Valerie was all I had. Then there comes Alexa that looked after me when I came here in the Philippines.

Having the brothers beside me also abled me to speak Filipino. I almost chuckled at the thought. The only time that I remembered speaking my mother tongue was when I was a high school student, when Dean and Luke taught me.

"Miss ko na kayo." I laughed and cringed at myself while saying that knowing that I meant it all my soul.

My thoughts vanished as I see Layn together with his brother walking through the front lobby with Liam's friends. I put my cap on and walked slowly towards them.

When I got closer I head for Liam and pushed him a bit, enough but not that harsh, just for him to tip over to the ground—making sure I didn't hurt him.

As the tension rises between me and Red, Layn stepped in. I thought that he would stop Red from shouting but instead he joined and shouted at me as well. My lips almost formed laughs at Layn, he didn't changed a bit.

Still, the lad that would kill for his brother.

Speaking of which, he caught my attention and when I looked at him, he seemed tired. I knew he slept kind of early since I heard his snores just before I ended the call. It doesn't make sense but I know you can have sleep but still be tired, I should know.

I just bowed my head and walked away before I can even burst out laughing.

I glanced at him again and playfully winked at him. He was just confused, he was really tired.

~*~

Sneaking behind someone isn't really my thing. Normally, I would have someone tailing him but I don't know what happened to me.

I was in a plane flying into a place I've never been to before.

As I was on the plane browsing through the documents sent to me by my associates in the US for the brand release of the new collection for DenLuX, a sudden pop of ringtone made go back to myself and when I mean myself—it's me worrying about Liam.

After what seems like hours, I had landed in an island away from La Quezta. It was some secluded island group here in the north. I have been told that we cannot use the landing runway on the main island of La Quezta... as it is owned by the Doneetolvas. I could not have the brothers knowing I am here.

Liam would understand but I am not sure how Layn would react if he sees me there. I bet he would be saying I would be ruining their family getaway.

"Because you actually are." I mumbled to myself.

After a 20-minute long ride in a boat, I have reached the main island and as I expected it is very small and only a small number of people were living there.

Walking slowly with two of my men beside me, an elderly woman approached me. "Hijo, isa ka rin ba sa mga Doneetolva?" As my men tried to get the man away from me, I noticed that he has a small flower necklace in his hands.

"Ah, eh hindi po eh." I told the manong as I instructed my men to step away from the man and just let him be. No need to be aggressive, as if the man could do anything to me with his age.