60: Tight Grip

3rd person POV

"Liam, I didn't know. I'm sorry." As the tears of the man in front of him fell down even more, he felt his heart break even harder.

Drey had promised the man in front of him that he wouldn't dare to hurt him but there was him, hurting the love of his life in the most painful way. He had been hiding the fact that his ex was bugging him for the past month and now that it's out, he's bearing the consequences of it.

"Drey, tama na." Sabi ng lalaki sa harap niya.

Three words and his heart shattered and his legs trembled in fear of losing Liam. Tears began forming in his eyes and his pearl skin flamed red as he begged for the other man to stay with him in the mansion.

"Liam, please let me figure this out before you do this to me." His eyes were spewing water but Liam just looked at him with anger in his eyes.

It was the first time that he had seen anger in the eyes of that man ever since they got to know each other. That only solidified the fact that he had fucked up greatly. Walang magawa si Drey kung hindi ang umiyak at lumuhod sa harap ni Liam dahil kasalanan niya ang lahat, 'yon ang iniisip niya.

"L-Layn was right all along." Liam's anger-filled eyes made tears that broke Drey even more. Every tear that fell felt like a sharp sword through his heart. "Hindi na dapat kita pinagkatiwalaan pa."

His words were firm and hurtful but seeing him finally resenting him is more painful to Drey that was then kneeling in front of Liam.

"Stay, b-baby." His voice broke as he pleaded the man to stay as he can protect him more if he is around him. "Pl-please." He broke down even more.

"Babalik na akong Pilipinas." Sabi ni Liam bago niya pinilit na paalisin si Drey sa paanan niya. "Gawin mo ang dapat mong gawin."

Drey then stood up and hugged Liam tightly. "Liam, please. Mahal na mahal kita." Sabi niya habang humahagulhol sa balikat ng taong hindi siya yinayakap pabalik.

"M-Mahal." Umiyak si Liam na para bang natatawa pa. "Mahal mo ako pero nagawa mo akong lokohin." He said before clenching his fist. Gusto niyang suntukin si Drey, sipain, murahin pero ramdam niya ang panghihina ng katawan niya.

"P-please let me fix this, Liam."

"You could've avoided this if you just told me everything, instead of hiding it away from me."

Alam ni Drey na nagkamali siya nang malaki kaya hindi niya magawang lumaban pa sa mga salita ni Liam. He knew that nothing he says will be valid to even be excuses for what he did pero nangibabaw ang galit niya kay Valerie dahil nangyari ang kinakatakutan niya—ang masira ang relasyon nila ni Liam nang dahil sa kaniya.

"I'm sorry, Liam. Hindi ko sinasadyang saktan ka. If only Valerie didn't come earlier to chase me—this wouldn't have happened—,"

Isang malakas na sampal ang nagtanggap ni Drey mula sa lalaki sa harap niya. "At talagang sinisi mo pa si Valerie sa katangahan mo?!" Sumisigaw na si Liam habang umiiyak siya.

"Ikaw ang may kasalanan sa akin at hindi si Valerie! Ikaw ang nagtago sa akin nang lahat!Drey, I have been here for you even on your darkest days. Bakit?"

"B-bakit? Paano mo nagawang lokohin a-ako?!" Liam's knees kissed the pavement of Drey's Grandmother's driveway as he fell down while asking that question to Drey.

Naka-pack na ang gamit ni Liam at tanging si Drey na lamang ang pumipigil sa pag-alis niya.

"I'm sorry—,"

"Wala nang magagawa ang sorry mo, Drey." He then stood up and wiped his tears. His knees were trembling and hurting because of the pain he was feeling physically and emotionally. He was badly hurt in all parts of his body and the only thing that fueled him was the fact that Layn was already on the way to the mansion.

As a Royce rolled up in the gates of the mansion, Drey had accepted the faith. Liam was going home and he'd be staying all alone in the States to fix everything.

At ang hindi niya matanggap sa sarili niya ay alam niyang hindi na sila muling magkaka-ayos pa ni Liam dahil sa mga nangyari. Alam niya kung gaano kalala ang ginawa niyang pagtatraydor kay Liam.

Tumkhim siya bago yumakap nang mahigpit sa lalaking pinakamamahal niya. He was crying while he held and carried Liam's suitcases out front of the gates of the mansion as Layn did not get in.

His grip was tight and he could only wish for that it were Liam's hands that he was holding. Tears blended with the rain that started to fall again so he immediately opened the trunk and got Liam suitcases in it before removing two layers of his suit and winter jacket.

He held Liam's hand once more and caressed it as he smiled at him with a broken heart.

"I'm sorry, baby." He said before putting on the layers on Liam's shoulders to warm him up. Hindi makatingin si Liam sa kaniya at tanging nakatitig lamang ito sa kawalan.

Drey then caressed the slightly smaller one's cheek as his tears fell. Kitang-kita na ni Liam ang pag-iyak ng lalaki sa harapan niya kaya't pinigilan niyang maiyak din dahil alam niya rin sa sarili niya na hindi niya matitiis si Drey kapag nagmakaawa pa itong huwag na siyang umalis.

Drey leaned in for a kiss but Liam avoided his lips and before his heart actually shattered into pieces, Drey instead planted a kiss on Liam's forehead before opening the door and letting him in the car.

After Liam had gotten in, he knocked on the window on the front seat para ibaba ni Layn ang binatana.

"Please keep in contact with me, Layn." Sabi niya kahit na hindi siya tinapunan ng tingin ng lalaking nakahawak sa manibelang kitang-kita ang galit sa kaniya. "At least until after you land in the Philippines. Delikado pa rin kayo rito sa States, Layn."

"You will be hearing nothing from us once we land in the Philippines. I know I cannot stop you're father kaya ikaw nang putangina ka ang gumawa noon. Hindi-hindi na kita mapapatawad kapag may nangyari pang masama kay kuya."

Tila parang isang panaginip ang nararanasan niya. Ang galit ni Layn na tanging kakampi ng pinakamamahal niya ang isa sa pinakamasakit na maari niyang maramdaman. That brotherly love na alam niyang hindi niya mahihigitan.

It was Deja Vu. Parang naulit ang sitwasyong kinadatnan noong nasaktan niya si Liam. Akala niya kaya niyang protektahan ang puso ng lalaking iyon nang tinanggap niyang nagugustuhan na niya si Liam pero tila nagmukhang malaking akala lamang niya 'yun.

Lumalabo ang mata niya habang papalayo ang kotse ng magkapatid hindi dahil sa lakas ng buhos ng ulan kung hindi dahil sa luhang nagmumula sa mga namamanhid na niyang mga mata.

"I'm sorry." His voice was barely audible as the winds blew even harder and as rain soaked his shear shirt that he got left with as his warm layers were on his love.

~*~

Cap here!

We're down to the last five chapters of the book! Yay but not so yay. I am gonna miss writing this book so much. However, all must come to an end. But! I am pleased to announce that the book 3 of this series has been published here too in Wattpad!

taming the knight (Knight Series, #3) is up on my profile! Check it out!

I will be updating that as soon as I finish writing this one! Hehe! Love u all! Be safe!

Cap out!