54: His Little One

Warning: R-18 [slightly:>]

"And that's our target for next year." Our sales executive concluded her presentation.

Nagustuhan ko ang mga sinabi niya. Ambitious but very realistic. That's what I want pagdating sa aking mga empliyado.

"Good. Is there anyone that has something to say?" I asked calmly while peeking at my phone.

He hasn't replied to me! It has been 20 minutes!

"Mr. Kim, your dad, has been causing our sales to drop." I heard one of them.

My focus was brought back and I put my phone in my pocket to face them professionally. Alam ko ang nangyayari at hindi ko rin gusto na naapektuhan na ng kagaguhan ng tatay ko ang kumpanyang binuo ko.

"I know and I apologize." I started. "Alam kong mahirap na tanggalin ang koneksyon ng DenLuX sa tatay ko dahil...," I stopped. I felt like what I was about to say was a sin. The biggest sin of my life.

"...dahil tatay ko pa rin siya. Nothing will change that fact." I confessed.

Kita ko ang mga mukha nilang hindi maipinta ang sasabihin. I kkow they are worried that my company is gonna go down when our family name is under six feet underneath the surface. I couldn't blame them. Business is still business and some of these people are living off of the business that I established and the business that is about to go down as well.

"I set up an account that could restart your lives when the worst happen, when DenLuX go down. A million dollar each." I told everyone on that table.

I know it is a lot considering that I am nowhere near as rich as my dad but I needed to do that. Plus I got a lot of money from my Grandma when she knew that I was gonna do that. I know she understands me best when it came to that matter. Sinabi niya sa akin na hindi ko maaring iwan ang mga kasama ko sa bangkang nilayag ko sa matapang na dagat dahil sila ang tumulong sa akin sa mga pagkakataong hindi ko kayang tulungan ang sarili ko.

"You don't need to do this, Sir Axl—,"

"Saan kayo pupulutin kapag nabuwag na tayo?" I asked them honestly. "If you think that you will be hired in a big company after being associated with the son of a criminal billionaire, you are clearly delusional."

I looked at them and their eyes screamed sorry for what I am saying. They pity me. They were worried and I couldn't do anything to assure them. Gusto ko man sabihin sa kanila na I will be fine, hindi ko rin alam kung magiging okay ba ako.

"Start a business, invest that million, do whatever it takes to keep your lives going after the demise of DenLuX. This isn't goodbye, okay?" I assured them.

"Those millions are a security for all of the employees of DenLuX. I will still fight for us."

I could see their genuine smiles after I said that. Funny that I could've been bombarded with them saying corny things like; everything's gonna be fine and such but luckily I was rescued by Alexa.

"Where's Liam? He hasn't been answering my messages." I asked Alexa while we were on the elevator.

Inayos ko ang aking damit nanagusot na dahil sa tagal ng business meeting na 'yun. I wasn't as bored dahil magagaling naman ang staff ng DenLuX. They're all competitive in their own ways: the main reason we're successful as a team.

"He's on they way to Layn's condo to change. Katatapos lang nila mag-prepare ng pagkain for the ball." Sabi niya habang hawak ang tablet na hindi na naalis sa pagmumukha niya.

I just nodded in response and held my phone. Hindi pa rin talaga siya nag-re-reply sa akin. I sighed in disbelief.

"I know you know there are bigger things for you to be sighing about other that your man not replying t you."Alexa broke the silence, halfway our ride down the elevator.