49: Divine

Warning: R-18

Axl

Doing the usual thing before a launch of a collection shouldn't bother me anymore as it has. I have been doing this for a few years now.

I didn't know why I was overthinking it too much. I should just get ready and that's it. I just have to interact with the shareholders and my trusted customer.

"May problema ba?" I heard him from behind me.

I turned my gaze to him and gently smiled, suggesting that I was okay but I think it went straight through him that my eyes were suggesting the opposite thing.

He just sat at the bed, putting away what he was holding, placing it at the side table, while patting the bed.

I just moved in closer sitting parallel to him. I couldn't afford to sit near him when I am this vulnerable. "Everything is fine." I said while smiling.

I was nervous.

And I didn't know why.

"Everything will be fine, I am sure." His voice was all the assurance that I needed back then. It was like a pill that could calm me down.

"I bought hot choco and a bagel for us."

Us...

I wished I'd be stuck in that moment.

"Yum." I said enthusiastically as I reached for the paper bag he had just put on the bedside table like a toddler that couldn't reach it.

I quietly munched on the bagel. I had just brushed my teeth but I knew Liam would be sad if I didn't eat, especially when he bought that on the café downstairs, across the street. Knowing him, he could actually do that...in the Philippines. We're in Los Angeles and I know he would be shy to even speak english with natives.

We just sat there, him sipping his hot choco and me devouring that half bagel.

~*~

"Congratulations."

I tried to smile as big as I can. I was truly happy but my headaches are getting so often, it's actually getting a little troublesome. Hundreds of people flock my brand's exclusive launch as thousands gather outside for the formal opening of the branch here in Los Angeles. I knew we had a big customer base here in LA but I have never thought that it would be this large.

Alexa knows everything talaga.

It was a routine for me. Getting here as the owner of the brand itself and of course doing it for the brand engagement of my fucking dad's companies. I was the only Givonecharee after all that could continue our bloodline.

I couldn't do anything but greet and greet and greet. It was exhausting.

"Smile." I heard Alexa in my in-ears. "You look like you want to get out of here."

"Oh, trust me. I do." I mumbled.

I was about to finish up saying hi to everyone when I remembered that I hadn't been in the balcony of this branch. It was quite big and just roaming inside this old-classic-looking place was exhausting in itself.

When I stepped out of the temperature controlled store inside, I immediately felt the cold breeze of winter. And although I wanted to get out of the place, I couldn't. I greeted some of my loyal clientele and some familiar faces.