Crawling before Running

Ana takes a quick shower, smiling to herself as the remembers the feeling of Steve kissing her. His mouth on hers, his tongue gliding along hers. Good lord that tongue, she smirks thinking about where she'd like his tongue to be next. Stop! Focus!

She dries off, throwing on a pair of faded dark blue jeans a white tank top with a neckline to low cut to be professional and an oversized grey sweater that falls off her shoulder when she moves.

She adds mascara to already long black eye lashes and adds lip gloss to her mouth, just in case she runs into Steve again. She brushes her hair but leaves it down, hanging loose at her back.

She gives herself one last look in the mirror before leaving her room and finding Natasha.

Ana knocks on Natasha's door. "It's open." She yells from inside.

Ana let's herself in, "hey."

"Wow look at you, you look great." Natasha smiles at Ana. "You're like... glowing. Oh my god, did you finally get laid."

Ana laughs, "no. But I did make out with him."

"I heard." Natasha smiles at her widely. "Sam was here" - Ana shakes her head- "so how was he?"

"Really good for someone who hasn't kissed anyone in forever."

"I bet he's good at other things too." Natasha wiggles her eyebrows.

"Will you get out of my pantie?" Ana laughs.

"I will, once you let your captain into them."

Ana chokes, "My captain?"

"Oh yeah, he's your captain alright."

Ana rolls her eyes despite agreeing with her friend and sighs. "Anyway there's a reason why I'm here. Could you distract Tony for a while. He asked me to find out information on those two enhanced and I was pretty distracted the last 24 hours."

"Yeah, I got you. But under one condition." Nat gives her an evil grin.

"Oh good lord and what is that?" Ana covered her face, afraid of what her friend is about to ask of her.

"You let Steve take the next step tonight."

Ana rolls her eyes and starts walking out the door, "he can take as many steps as he wants as fast or as slowly as he wants. I need 2 hours." Ana closes the door behind her.

================================================================================

Two and a half hours later Tony finds Ana sitting in the library, her legs pulled up under her. Fingers typing furiously on the keyboard, her eyes moving rapidly across the screen. The only lights in the room come from the two computer screens in front of Ana.

"I'm happy to see Capiscle let you go for 5 minutes to do your job." Tony teases.

Ana ignores him, her eyes not leaving the computer.

"Earth to Ana." Tony tries again. Nothing. Tony blinks hard, raising an eyebrow at how invested Ana is to her work. 

"Cap's running around with his dick out." 

"What?!" Her head snaps up as her eyes dart to the door. Making Tony laugh. She sighs and looks back at the computer. "I'm sorry Tony," Ana finally looks at him. "You might want to call a meeting. I have information." She looks at Tony nervously.

"Alright kid, you're freaking me out. What are we dealing with?"

"They are like me." Her voice low, almost nervous.