P.E.G.A.S.U.S.

Stark Tower, New York City. February 2025.

Steve legs bounces against Ana's thigh as they wait for Fury to connect to the conference call with Clint. Ana sits forward on her chair, her back straight while her elbows rest on the table in front of her. Her chin resting on her hands. James hand drawing patterns on the skin between her leggings and the bottom of her t-shirt. Sam paces behind them, glaring at the screen above the table. His eyes following the three grey dots as they appear and disappear under Clint and Fury's pictures.

Ana moves her hand to Steve's knee, his body calming at her touch. She looks over to him and gives him a small smile. He leans forward in his chair, and grabs her arm pulling her towards him.

His beard tickling her cheek and ear, his breath warm against her skin causing goosebumps to rise down her neck. Did you mean what you said? He whispers.

About? She looks into his beautiful blue eyes, seeing the same desperate vulnerability that was there before.

About me, everything you said.

Ana nods and gives him another small smile. I love all of you, not just sexy as hell parts. Serum or no serum, I would've fallen in love with you. You're an extraordinary man Steven. She pulls back and gently presses her lips against his.

Thank you baby. He whispers again into her ear.

For what?

Captain and Agent Rogers, if the two of you are finished discussing honeymoon destinations, I'd like to know why I've been summoned. Fury's voice booms through the room.

Ana pulls away from Steve, smiling at him.

We need to know about project P.E.G.A.S.U.S. sir. Sam answers.

Why do you need that?

Because two super soldiers broke into Tactical Weapons Corp in Germany two days ago and stole Phase 2 weapons and then blew up the facility. Nearly killing Agent Barnes. Ana stands with her hands on the table, leaning over it towards the screen.

He looks fine to me.

Ana clenches her jaw, he's testing her leadership skills. Besides James, Steve and Pepper only Fury knows who the true director of the Avenger's is.

Thank god he's a super soldier, or he wouldn't be.

And neither would you. Fury gives her the single eye glare SHEILD Agents have come to fear.

Ana takes a deep breath and looks to Sam, delegating.

What can you tell us about Phase 2?

Project P.E.G.A.S.U.S. was under my control. We were tasked with studying the Tesseract. Phase 1. Phase 2 was to build an arsenal of weapons that can harness the energy of the Tesseract.

Steve grabs Ana's wrist making her sit and turn towards him, that's what HYDRA did.

Fury nods. We wanted to be prepared for whatever fight the universe was going to throw at us next. Pegasus was started because Loki sent The Destroyer to New Mexico in 2011. It demolished the town, we were grossly underprepared. After Thor stopped it, S.H.I.E.L.D., NASA and the Air Force decided we needed to be better prepared. Phase 1 as I mentioned was to study and try to understand the Tesseract. Phase 2 was to build weapons prototypes using the tesseract's energy based off of HYRDA's previous attempts. Phase 3, mass production.

After New York, the project was abandoned. And the Avenger's Initiative took full effect.

So what happened to the prototypes?