What The Fuck?

Dobbins Air Reserve Base, Marietta, Georgia. April 2024

Ana stands in the cargo bay of the military grade airplane, her weight on right foot making her hip push out. The utility belt around her hips making her waist appear tiny, a knife holster on her left thigh. Her katanas and batons nestled in the harness strapped to her back. Dressed in her skin tight stealth suit, the leather and spandex hugging every curve like it was painted onto her body. Sam shook his head and smirked when he first saw her walking up the tarmac, especially when she gave the guards a wink and kept right on walking.

Ana's arms hold onto the side of the table she stands in front of, Sam to her right. Together they discuss what the plan in, Sam was just about to debrief her when the air around them thickens. Ana shivers, goosebumps ripples across her skin. Ana closes her eyes and moans softly. Sam looks up when he hears Ana.

Shit. He mumbles. 

Sam has seen Ana's body react in this way enough times to know James is close. Sam looks towards the open cargo hatch and sure enough, James Buchanan Barnes marches up the ramp. His fists clenched, his jaw hard and his eyes blaze.

What the fuck... Ana? James voice full of pain.

Ana glances at Sam before turning and facing her soulmate. Her heart stops beating when her eyes meet his, time stops, her breathing stops. She feels hot and cold at the same time. She licks her bottom lip before pressing her teeth into it.

Hi soldier. Her voice low, and on the verge of being seductive, she blinks slowly up at him.

Any other time hearing her addressing him that way while wearing something like her stealth suit would have done him in. He's too angry to think about sex, mostly. She looks damn good and he can't help the way his body reacts to her. To hide it, he just gets angrier.

His eyebrows pull together dramatically. Hi soldier? Thats what you have to say to me? After 6 months of silence. All you have to say is hi soldier. Where the fuck have you been?

Ana exhales slowly, this was not the reaction she was hoping to have from him. She glances at Sam again.

Don't look at him, he's covered for you and Steve long enough. Were you ever planning on telling me you got back with him? Or were you hoping I'd forget about you?

Wow. Are you finished? Ana puts her hands on her hips.

He glares at her, he can't remember the last time he was actually mad at her.

I don't mean to break up your reunion or anything but I need to brief you on this terrorist group. Wheels go up in 5 minutes. Sam finally speaks.

James, I'm sorry. I'll find you when I'm back. Ana's face full of sadness as she looks away.

No. James declares and moves around the table to stand directly across from Ana.

What are you doing Barnes? Sam glares.

Coming with you. I'm not letting her out of my sight. His eyes glued to Ana.

I don't need a babysitter.

No, what you need is a couple slaps on the ass, but we'll get to that later. Ana's eyes go wide, in all years she's been with James he's never talked to her this way. Even when he was the Winter Soldier he was gentle towards her. Maybe not always when they were in the bedroom, but he's ever behaved this way.

Sam stifles a laugh, and clears his throat.

Are you sure you want in on this Barnes? Might trigger some shit for you.

I go where she goes. He demands. Besides, I'm triggered already.

Ana shakes her head and pinches the bridge of her nose.