I'm Right Here

Wakanda, Africa. August 2018.

Ana barely leaves her house over the next 30 hours. She and Samual avoid everyone besides Nakia, without Steven home it's safer that way. No James in her house, only her head. The first night her night mares were manageable. She woke covered in sweat. James' blue eyes piercing into her soul in her mind. She can still feel him, still hear him in her ears. She finds herself on the balcony. Still breathing hard, her heart pounding painfully against her chest.

James is already there, like he was waiting for her. His hands gripping onto the railing, his bare chest glowing in the moonlight as he breaths hard. Did he see what she saw? Are they dreaming the same things? Ana can't help but wonder if she haunts him the way he does to her.

James looks up to her balcony and seeing her watching him, breathing as hard as he is. Slowly their breathing slows, eyes locked onto each other. Ana is the first to turn away. Walking back into her house, tears burning her eyes. Being so close to him and not being able to have him is the world's worse form of torture.

The following night was the worst night Ana ever had. Her night mare so real, so terrifying and painful, she couldn't breathe. She felt like her soul was ripped in two, and the worse part was she couldn't feel James anymore. Flipping on her side table light, she fumbles with her phone. Finding his number took longer than she had hoped, as her body refuses the air she's trying to force into it. He answers on the first ring.

Baby? His voice full of concern.

Ste...Her breathing labored ...help. She can't speak as the panic attack rips through her, her vision starting to darken. She's losing control, her eyes turning black as the fear tears through her. James is gone. She watched her soulmate die. The scene in her head replaying over and over. James turned to dust, his face full of fear before he no longer exists. She claws at her chest, fighting for air.

Shit, Baby stay with me. Listen to my voice. You're safe, it was only a dream. It wasn't real. Steve tries calm his wife.

He listens to her breathing too fast, too hard. She isn't calming down.

Baby you have calm down, before you pass out. He urges. He can tell she's scared, whatever she dreamt about has rocked her worse than ever before. Of course it would happen when he isn't there.

Christ, alright. I'm calling Bucky. Can you unlock the door for him?

Yeah. Ana's voice cracks as she barely manages to answer.

Alright, call me when you're calm... Bucky will help you. I'm sorry baby. I'm so sorry. I'll never leave you again I promise. I love you, just hold on.

Ana can't answer before he hangs up. She struggles out of bed and runs to the door. Her fingers slipping against the lock as she fights to turn it. Before she can step away from the door James burst through. His arms immediately wrapping around Ana's tiny frame. He picks her up and carries her over to the couch. Ana instinctively wraps her legs around his waist, her body pressed hard against his and her arms lock behind his head. He sits with her, holding her close to him like he used to. Muscle memory takes over, James keeps one arm firmly around Ana's waist holding her close to him, his hand moves to the back of her neck, his fingers resting against her pulse.

Ana doesn't think, she feels. She feels his hard body against hers, feels the searing heat against her skin, except the vibranium which helps bring her temperature down. Her face nuzzles against his throat, her lips immediately finding his pulse under his ear. She closes her eyes and focuses on the feeling of his heart.

James is alive. He's alive. The words keep repeating in her mind. Ana hyperventilates against him, she sobs into his neck.

Shhhh. Breathe Ana. I'm here. I'm right here. He whispers to her. She clings to him, trying to keep him as close to her as possible. I'm right here doll.