Innocent

Bucharest, Romania. June 2016

Ana trudges up the steep stairs to the apartment she shares with James, her luggage feels like it weights at much as her heart does. Her feet feel like lead. Leaving Steve this time was the hardest thing she's had to do. She prays when she sees James again all the feelings she has about Steve will tone down, right now she feels everything. She uses her key to unlock the door of their home. He left a light on in the kitchen for her, knowing it would be early morning when she finally made it home.

She sets her luggage down inside the door, trying to make as little noise as possible. Ana slips out her shoes and tip toes across the floor to their bedroom, where James lays on his stomach sound asleep. His bare back visible in the glowing moonlight shining in through the window. The moon reflecting off his metal arm, which is tucked under the pillow cradling his head. Ana's eyes move down his body, noticing the sheet is draped far enough down his hips that she can tell he's naked. He was expecting her. She smiles and rolls her eyes.

She walks into the adjoining bathroom. Stripping out of her clothing leaving it on a pile in front of the sink and stepping into the shower. Letting the scalding water run down her body, willing it wash away all traces of Steve before she sees James. His smell, his kiss, the feeling of his hands lingering on her skin, and all the feelings she has about him.

She stands facing the water, her head tilted back. Her eyes closed. How long she stood in the shower she isn't sure. The bathroom had filled with thick steam by the time she steps out and wraps in a towel. Trying not to think about the last time she was wrapped in a towel.

She prays James doesn't want details, but he probably will.

She dries off quickly, not wanting to wait another minute to curl up next to him. She looks at herself in the mirror, she looks tired. Mentally physically and emotionally. Her emerald eyes look dull from lack of sleep and days of crying. Leaving the bathroom she sees James again, he had rolled over in his sleep. Taking over the whole bed, his huge body spread out. Ana laughs quietly to herself, as she slips under the sheet and presses her body against his. Finding her spot next to him without issue. Her head resting on his chest, her arm draped over his stomach, her leg tangled in his.

He wakes when he feels Ana's warmth wrapped around him, "Hi doll."

"Hi."

"You're naked." His hands moves up and down her back and cups her ass.

"So are you." Her fingers slide along his sex lines teasing him. He suppresses a laugh and grabs her wandering hand with metal one. She looks up into his face, his ocean blue eyes meeting hers. Her heart thumps so hard in her chest he feels it against his ribs.

"I'm sorry James, it's not because I don't love you. I do, so much."

"It's because you love him too. I know."

"We had sex."

He sighs and closes his eyes. "You don't have to tell me Ana."

"I do, if this is going to work you ought to know."

He exhales hard, "ok. Tell me."

"We kissed three times, and he corned me once while very aroused but I got away from him before something happened. Then he walked in on me in the shower, nothing happened that time but when you called, that's the worst it. It only happened once. Not that it makes any of this better."

"Go on." He wants details, she knew it.

"I came out of the shower, he was upset sitting on my bed. I went to comfort him. The hug turned into making out, he pulled me onto his lap then i was under him. His hands under the towel. I went down on him and then ... she sighs trying to find the right words. We fucked."