Life and Death

Avenger Tower, New York City.

The next morning Ana sits quietly in the lab with Bruce. She watches him work silently. Not wanting to be alone, and for once he enjoyed the company. The two silently bonding over the event that changed things for them. The world seeing them for who they really are.

Bruce tries to figure out a way to open the coffin like box laying in the middle of the lab. Inside, Ultron's android. The newer, better version of himself. The box the body is laying in, quietly humming as it continues to create the enhanced flesh around the vibranium skeleton. He slams his fists down on the box in anger.

"Theres no way into this thing."

Clint and Tony walk into the lab together, Ana looks up. "Any word on Nat?" Clint shakes his head. Ana scoffs. "Pissed at Steve for letting Natasha go, for telling Clint leave without her."

Tony walks over to Ana, "Still on our side princess?"

Ana nods. "Of course."

"Then he'll come around. Help me get this thing open."

"I don't care if he comes around. I'm out. And we need to access the programming to get into this thing. Hack it from in the inside out. But we don't have time for that." She points to the loading bar on the screen at the foot of the box. 87% "We have an hour, probably less." She continues.

Tony looks up to Clint, "Is there any way Natasha would send you a message in old school spy? No internet?"

Clint's eyes light up, and he nods.

"Morose Code?" Ana asks.

"Exactly." Tony points a finger at her.

Clint smiles, "you're a genesis Ana. You really are. I'll find her!" Clint turns around and quickly heads down stairs to the communications room.

"I thought I was the genesis." Tony mumbles.

"No, more like mad scientist." Ana teases him. Giving a him the first real smile he's seen since Rogers turned into a jerk.

"Actually that would be me!" Bruce interjects. Making Ana laugh again. 

"There she is." Tony smirks

Tony walks over the box again. Drumming his fingers on the plate glass. He looks up when Bruce mentions ending the tissue growth process if Tony can fry the programming. He runs his hand through his hair and scratches the back of his neck.

"Yeah about that. His face unsure."

"No." Bruce starts.

"You gotta trust me." Tony begs.

"Kinda don't."

"Just listen, you know our ally... the one protecting the nuclear codes. I found him." Tony flicks his wrist and a bright orange intricate form appears in the air in front of them.

"Hello Dr. Banner, Miss Montgomery."

"Jarvis?" Ana asks, looking up at Tony.

"Ultron attacked Jarvis because he was afraid of what Jarvis could do. Not because he was angry." The three exchanges looks. "So Jarvis went into hiding."

Bruce pinches the bridge of his nose. "So you want me to help you, put Jarvis into this thing?"

"No, I want to help you put Jarvis into this thing."

"This is a really bad idea." Ana looks at the android in the box. "Rogers is going loose his mind when he finds out."

"Then you can settle his tight ass down."