Chapter 95: We made it

Clearing a safe path was surprisingly easy with Byungho's newfound power. The winged man was essentially immune to the hunters' attacks, so the rest of the group was just following his lead. Changbin stayed close to their injured party members in case they needed help since he was the physically strongest and fastest out of all of them. Sometimes being a vampire really had its perks.

The group moved along the shadows, trying their best to conceal their identities with a combination of Byungho's magic and Jeongin's illusions while they worked on getting to Taeyong and Taeil as soon as possible. They could see the magic of the two guardians light up the edge of the close-by forest each time they used their powers.

The flashes of scarlet red and bright aqua also seemed to be the center of the remaining fighting forces. Leedo was not far from them high up in the sky along with another winged shadow that Changbin guessed was Johnny, judging by the size, yet it was hard to tell in the dim light of the star-filled sky.

On the ground there were some werewolves of the moon pack left and Changbin had also caught glimpses of group members from BTS and MonstaX as well as NCT. The assumption that the other groups had already left the scene wasn't farfetched, but Changbin was still worried for his vampire hyungs. He hadn't seen the familiar quick movements of Baekhyun or Changkyun in the thicket of the forest and all of Day6 seemed to have been swallowed by the ground.

If his Red Glow hadn't been activated for so long, Changbin might have felt a bit of tightness in his chest from anxiety, but as of now his eyes merely scanned the surrounding area with hawk-like precision and calculated order. It was calming and scary to feel so detached from one's own emotions in stressful situations, and part of Changbin hoped he would get used to the feeling one day.

A small, fast movement in the corner of his vision attracted Changbin's attention. For a moment, the vampire thought he had imagined it, but then Chan let out a low growl, warning the other members of their group that someone was approaching.

A mop of red hair emerged from the forest closely followed by the fast movements of three vampires and a werewolf. A heartbeat passed until Changbin realized that he knew all five creatures. The entire Day6 group had just appeared before them.

Wonpil was looking around, his red hair messy from the fast movement of his head and almost displaying the dark horns on top of his head. Dowoon was right beside Wonpil, their hands mere inches apart as if they needed the close proximity to stay calm. Jae and Younghyun were looking around as well, their stance guarded and ready to bolt should they see something. Sungjin, who was in full wolf shift, had his right front paw raised, a bit of blood coloring his brown fur dark, but it seemed to be his only more serious injury.

It let a bit of anxiety fall away from Changbin's chest to see the entirety of Day6 alive and without serious injury. The vampire took a deep breath of relief, ready to just bolt towards his hyungs but he was beat to it by a certain young demon.

Seungmin broke away from the group and left the security of Byungho's shields and Jeongin's illusions to bolt directly to his older brother. The heads of the members of Day6 snapped towards Seungmin in alarm, but then they relaxed recognizing the redhead, who dove straight into Wonpil's open arms.

Changbin followed Seungmin out of the security of Byungho's shields after throwing a quick glance around to search for enemies. His chest felt weirdly warm while relief mixed with a mild giddiness.

He met Jae's gaze first and he couldn't even open his mouth to greet them before he was almost suffocated in a hug by the older blond male. Jae gripped Changbin's shoulder, pulling the smaller vampire into his body. The younger of the two couldn't get a glimpse of the older's expression, but he felt a mild tremble in the other when he placed his hands on the other's back.