Chapter 29: Coffee date

Christmas Eve was two days ago, which meant that all the family meetings were over and all the presents were unpacked. This gave Chan a little bit of time for himself.

The wolf hybrid was sitting on the fluffy dark grey carpet in his room while leaning onto the foot of his bed. He had a little notebook on his lap and played with the pencil he was holding, while trying to think about some lyrics ideas. Doing that was a hobby of him, something that made him relax, sort out his thoughts and sometimes even express said thoughts in the form of a song.

He was so caught up in his own head, his own little world, he didn't notice how the door of his room was opened by a big black wolf, who didn't really try to be quiet. The wolf just walked over to Chan and flopped down on his lap, earning a yelp from the male with the curly silver hair.

"Yedam, get off me you are too big for this", Chan complained with a little laugh. The wolf slightly huffed but got off Chan, while also turning back into his human form. The boy, who now sat in front of Chan had black hair and was wearing a plain black shirt and pants. His eyes were as black as the wolf's he had previously been but now they seemed less intimidating. The male pouted a bit while looking at Chan.

"So, you are calling me heavy and therefore fat", Yedam huffed and crossed his arms, pretending to be mad at his older brother. "I never said that. I told you that you are too big to just let yourself fall onto my lap. Your wolf is now fully grown after all, meaning he is now taller and yes, heavier but it would be concerning if he wasn't", Chan explained calmly while closing his notebook and putting the pencil away. He knew Yedam was just being a pouty child but there was no way he would allow his little brother to think bad about himself.

Yedam suddenly had a confused look on his face, which quickly turned into a shocked one. "Does that mean my human form won't get taller as well?!", the younger asked, leaning forward to shake Chan by his shoulders like that was the end of the world. The older only laughed at his younger brother's overreaction. "Don't worry your human form will continue to grown until you are twenty if you are lucky", Chan then answered, which led to Yedam stopping to shake him.

"I am glad. I thought I would stay this small", Yedam exhaled, making his brother laugh once more because Yedam wasn't even that small. The younger let his hands slip off his brother's shoulders and leaned back a little. He opened his mouth to say something but was interrupted by Chan's phone, which laid beside him, and got a message notification. The older picked the phone up and looked who wrote him. It was Jeongin.

"Who wrote you?", Yedam asked and scoot over to Chan's side to look into the older's phone. "Jeongin, a friend of mine from one class below me", the older answered while he opened the chat with Jeongin. The younger asked if Chan had time to hang out.

"Wait, do you mean Yang Jeongin? In the kitsune of our school?", Yedam asked with a little bit of surprise in his voice. "Yeah. Is there an issue with that?", Chan asked with a rather monotone voice, while he replied Jeongin that he was free today. "No, I just didn't think you were friends with him despite you knowing probably everyone in Miroh High", Yedam answered and placed his head lazily on the shoulder of his brother, so could continue to read the chat.

"How long have you been friends with him?", the younger asked out of curiosity. Chan thought for a short while before answering. "He was introduced to me more or less at the beginning of the school year but I can't remember when I started to refer to him as a friend but it doesn't really matter to me", the older explained. Chan believed that he would have been friends with Jeongin no matter in which way they met because the young kitsune was just someone Chan wanted to protect a little.

"This means you probably adopted him, when you got to know him because he is a sweet kid", Yedam chuckled in amusement. Chan wanted to argue but got interrupted by another message from Jeongin asking him to meet him in twenty minutes at the "19" Café. The next message said he should wear his white, loose button-up shirt because he looked good in it and wore it not that often.