Chapter 48: War declaration

Changbin kept staring at the profiles of Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Sehun as well as the profiles of his parents, which were projected into the air while Seungmin was pacing up and down. The redhead was walking from one end of the meeting room to the other like a tiger in a cage.

Surprisingly it was a common sight nowadays since Changbin was trying to figure out how to track down his parents and the three missing royal guards with the help of his redheaded friend and the old magic of the book of vampires. The vampire prince had started his search shortly after Jae got him the book of vampires but when Seungmin started training with him he asked the redhead for help, knowing that his demonic friend was an exceptional talent when it came to magic.

Another reason for Changbin to ask Seungmin was that as far as the vampire prince was aware the redhead was the only one - except for him - who could read the book of vampires. Of course Changbin still questioned why the young demon was able to do that but it was a mystery left unanswered since Seungmin always changed the topic when Changbin brought it up. At some point Changbin gave up hoping Seungmin would answer his question and just made peace with the fact that it was a question he would often think about whenever he liked it or not.

For their research the two teens always had one of the many meeting room to themselves. They alway met up there shortly after training with the members of NCT and their friends but after a good two hours of thinking and fruitless attempts of using all sorts tracking spells Sungjin, Jae, Wonpil, who were most of the time accompanied by Byungho, Dowoon and Younghyun would dragged them out, so they could "do something with their friends" or "relax". Changbin and Seungmin always protested but never too much since they both knew the older males were just worried about them.

"I hate not having answers", Seungmin suddenly complained loudly, successfully pulling the vampire prince out of his thoughts. Changbin looked over to the redhead, who ruffled his scarlet hair rather harshly. It made Changbin automatically stand up from his place at the head of the meeting room's table, so he could walk up to the younger and grab his wrists to keep him from almost pulling his hair out. He hated it when Seungmin was getting so frustrated he started to be harsh to himself with the argument of having to come up something because he was a demon. 

"Stop being so harsh to yourself. You are just a creature like me. Demon or not", Changbin said in a calming voice. Seungmin sighed letting the vampire carefully pull his hands out of his hair. The vampire prince was kind of glad he could always calm his demonic friend down with that. Seungmin was still a kind of mystery to him. He felt close to the redhead but barely knew anything about him even though he was aware of the fact that knew more than the majority of their shared friends.

Changbin noticed how Seungmin was looking past his head probably towards the profiles. The younger's dark eyes seemed focused and almost darker than usual. It wasn't bad though since Changbin really liked Seungmin's eyes even though they always seemed to hide a secret. Before the vampire could turn his gaze away from the redhead's eyes did Seungmin focus on Changbin's almost black orbs with the red tint in them.

Time seemed to just stop when their eyes met. Changbin was still holding Seungmin's wrists and they weren't that far away from each other making it easy for the both of them to just take in the other's face. Slowly Changbin felt his heart speed up.

The vampire knew Seungmin was cute and handsome but he never remembered the younger to be that beautiful. His slightly chubbier cheeks gave him a bit of a rounder face but didn't hide his sharp jawline. The redhead's dark, almond shaped eyes seemed mysterious but still managed to make the other look cute because they somehow reminded one of a puppy. And then there were Seungmin's perfectly shaped, round lips. Normally they showed a lit grin or smirk but when they curved up into a smile, revealing a bit of Seungmin's teeth Changbin would call them kissable without hesitation.