Chapter 56: The list

Changbin followed Taeil quietly, thinking that the guardian had a really bad timing but he had to admit he was curious what he wanted to talk about. After all the vampire thought every bit of information NCT had would now be shared with everyone of Stray Kids.

Taeil lead Changbin into a random room far enough away from the trainings hall to prevent creatures with enhanced hearing from listening to their conversation. It was a tiny, plain and seemingly unused office as Changbin noted. There was only one desk with two chairs there. There were no shelves and no widows.

"I will get to the point quickly to not hold you up for too long", Taeil began, closing the door behind him. Changbin simply looked at the older male with an neutral expression on his face. He just wanted this to be over, so he could return to his friends to distract himself from the harsh reality, which was currently their world. In that moment the vampire really didn't know what to do without them and his vampire hyungs from Day6. Taeil cleared his throat a little before he began to talk, ripping Changbin out of his thoughts.

"I talked to Jaehyung as well as Younghyun and Dowoon about the book of vampires because I know what your mother told you since yesterday", the guardian admitted with his gaze shying away from Changbin's. The vampire felt a little bit uneasiness settle in the pit of his stomach. He was king now but still unable to properly hide the book of vampire from anyone. He should finally learn that. After all, the book of vampires could become something destructive in the wrong hands but he trusted Jae, Younghyun and Dowoon's judgment. They talked to the guardian about it, so it should be alright, hopefully.

"I wanted to talk to you about it alone because I don't know how much your friends are aware of the might this book holds, or if they know of its existence. Especially if it's true what your mother said", the guardian went on, finally meeting Changbin's eyes. The vampire already knew where Taeil was going with this. If the guardian knew what his mother told him before her death he probably wanted to suggest using the old artifacts full potential.

"You want me to try to use its full potential?", Changbin questioned, crossing his arms over his chest. He looked directly into Taeil's black orbs while the older male nodded. The guardian's eyes seemed to darken, becoming more serious; which made Changbin feel a light shiver running down his spine.

"If you are able to unlock the book of vampires we could get information on every hunter and huntress, everyone they associate themselves with and we could find out more about Zendala if we do it right", the guardian explained. Changbin understood the guardian's reason but Taeil's darkened mimic told him this wasn't everything.

There was a silence the vampire didn't dare to break. Even though his Red Glow hadn't completely disappeared yet he could feel his heart hammering against his rib cage and his palms getting a little sweaty. What did Taeil really want to try with the book of vampires?

"I want to ask you something, Changbin", Taeil spoke up, breaking the silence. Changbin looked into his black eyes of the guardian as a sign for him to continue. He dearly hoped Taeil wouldn't purpose an idea Changbin couldn't agree on as someone, whose duty it was to protect the book of vampires because he wanted to help NCT more than ever.

"When I exchanged information with your group through Seungmin I received some names from you or rather a small list. The names were Seo Ahri, Seo Shiwon, Kim Eve, Kim Athea, Hwang Minji and Lee Minho. Does this ring a bell?", the guardian asked, making Changbin freeze in his spot. Those were the names Jisung had mumbled in his sleep after having a vision weeks ago but hearing it now was more terrifying.

Seo Ahri and Seo Shiwon were the names of his parents, who have died just a day ago and if Taeil was suggesting what Changbin thought then this list was a death list. Taeil must have noticed how Changbin froze because his voice became a bit softer when he spoke up again.