Chapter 71: Partners

"I'm still not happy about you training", Wonpil commented while walking beside Seungmin to the trainings hall for magical creatures. It was the third time the older demon had said this after Seungmin had declared he would join the training no matter what.

"I feel fine, hyung and should something come up will I be able to handle it or at least get you. So stop worrying so much", Seungmin huffed in light annoyance. He loved his brother, he really did, but right now the last thing Seungmin wanted to do was nothing. May his moral compass be damned.

"Still, you shouldn't use your magic", Wonpil continued. It was probably the first time ever Wonpil agreed with something Lilith had said in the older's entire life. Byungho and Woosu had given up on intervening in this little discussion, because unlike Wonpil they had realized that Seungmin would train, not matter what they said. Still, the redhead knew they were still worried about him and silently thanked them for it, even though he really felt like nothing had happened.

Another thing Seungmin was thankful for was the fact that his father wasn't the most attentive parent and therefore didn't question what his children were really doing. It was the reason they were at the headquarter, since Seungmin wasn't sure if they would be if Lucifer hadn't once again teleported his four sons here by request.

Seungmin swore it amused his father endlessly that they had to rely on his help, which was why at some point the redhead swore to himself that he would try to figure out an alternative. Maybe Woosu knew how to perform a teleportation spell and could teach him. Right now, Seungmin hated it that he never learned spells like that by himself. It would have come in handy in so many situations, but no he rather focused on things he could directly use for pranks. Goodness, he should have used his talent differently back in his school days.

When the four brothers arrived at the trainings hall and you could already hear spells being performed without entering the room. They knew where they needed to head, because Jisung told them as requested by Chan. Apparently Stray Kids had been split up into three groups. Maybe now it was even four if Changbin had to train with his vampire hyungs.

Seungmin still disliked the thought of Changbin having to lead a group of vampires plus Wonpil. Of course, all the vampires, which Changbin should lead, were more or less professional or familiar with him, but it just didn't sit well with him for a reason he couldn't explain himself.

The four brothers entered the hall carefully, because no one wanted to be accidentally hit by any kind of spell that was trained in there. The hall was filled with magical creatures that either trained creating portals or combat related spells.

Seungmin almost immediately spotted Jisung's mop of blue hair standing beside a fairy with white wings. They seemingly trained creating portals since Yuta, who seemingly taught it to them, had a little portal beside him and apparently was explaining some things, judging by the way he was gesturing a lot towards the purple swirl of magical energy.

The redhead was just a bit confused about the male standing next to Jisung, since the young demon couldn't remember ever seeing that male or maybe he did and just forgot? No, he wouldn't forget a fairy with pink hair, since despite popular believes they weren't really common. Maybe that was Park Jimin from BTS the person Jisung was supposed to work with for the rescue mission.

"What are you looking at?", Wonpil asked, following Seungmin's gaze until he saw Jisung, Yuta and the pink-haired fairy. "Woah Jimin seems almost tall next to Jisung" the older demon commented, confirming the name of the fairy unintentionally. At first Seungmin was satisfied with knowing who the person beside Jisung was, but then he questioned why his brother knew him.

"How do you know Jimin?", Seungmin asked, looking at his older brother. "Same university. We walked by each other a few times, but basically everyone at the university knows him so catching his name isn't that hard", Wonpil explained, shrugging.