Chapter 25: Between danger and normality

"Alright. Let me go over this again. You didn't notice that someone was there while you were fixing the barrier and you also didn't notice them filming you?", a male with black hair summarized what was said beforehand while pacing up and down in his office. He looked stressed, maybe even a little angry and that didn't help the second male in the room.

The second male was seated on a chair in front of the large desk made of glass, the other was walking up and down behind it. The blue hair of the second male was a little tousled and his eyes were fixed on his lap. He didn't dare to look into the face of the male with the black hair, who was his leader, fearing that he would only see anger and disappointment because he screwed up big time.

The male with the black hair exhaled deeply and stopped his pacing, noticing that it wasn't helping at all. He looked out of the big window on his right side. It had a beautiful view on Yellow Wood because the office was at one of the top floors of the building. The roofs of the houses were covered under a thick but still light blanket of snow. It looked ethereal and peaceful, even though the male with the black hair knew that everything slowly got out of hand. One wrong move and the supernatural world would be exposed to the humans, which he would feared would result in fight no one could win.

"Listen, Youngjae", the male with the black hair began and turned around to face the young man with the blue hair. "I know you didn't mean to be seen like that", he continued and glanced at the screen of his computer, which was on his desk, playing a video of Youngjae fixing the barrier that hide the supernatural world. "And I also know that this was just one big accident and that you are aware of the consequences this could cause but I seriously don't know what to do or how to protect you if this video is the kickstarter for something nobody wants to happen", he ended and seated himself on his big black swivel chair because he began to feel tired.

"I know", the warlock in front of the glass desk almost whispered. "I am sorry, Jaebum-hyung", he apologized yet again. Jaebum looked at Youngjae, who looked guilty, sad and terrified at the same time. It made the older male feel bad because usually the warlock was a little sunshine with an adorable smile. He wanted to open his mouth again to say something to comfort the warlock a little bit but before he could the door of the office was slammed open by two rather young looking males. One had dark brown hair while the other, taller one had black hair.

"Whatever you accuse him of having done, he didn't do it", the one with the dark brown hair immediately said when Jaebum's gaze landed on the two young males, while walking to Youngjae and wrapping his arms around him from behind in a rather protective manner. The brunette didn't break eye contact with Jaebum for even a second.

"It was probably just an accident or something, so you can't punish him for that. It wasn't his fault", the tall male with the black hair added and looked at the man behind the desk. There was a worried glimmer in the eyes of the tall male but Jaebum was sure that it wouldn't stop him from from doing whatever was needed to protect Youngjae.

Jaebum sighed and rubbed his temples. Footsteps could be heard and soon after that three other males entered the office. One of them had almost white hair, one black and the third also black but with a lot of light blue strains.

"Sorry, Jaebum. We couldn't stop them", the male with the nearly white hair explained being a bit out of breath. "It's alright, Jackson", Jaebum dismissed and turned his attention to Youngjae again, who was still wrapped up in an protective back-hug by the male with the dark brown hair. He hadn't moved a muscle but Jaebum noticed that the presence of the two younger males was enough to somehow comfort the warlock.

"Bambam could you let go of Youngjae, please", Jaebum said the male with the dark brown hair but he didn't budge. "Only if I can be sure you won't do anything to him", Bambam answered and he wasn't joking one bit, which was unlike him. Jaebum sighed again, feeling his head hurt a little.