Chapter 74: Dark and light magic

"I'm really starting to lose my patience with you", Zendala growled as she walked around Ten. The Demi-dragon with the brown hair was still chained to a metallic chair, restricting almost every little movement. His head was hanging low and didn't move one muscle while the blue-haired warlock walked around him with an irritated expression on her face.

It has been seven days since Zendala had captured the two Demi-dragons right in front of their leader's face. Despite everything she had already done to Ten and Jaehyung both of them were still alive and kept their mouths shut. It was almost admirable to Zendala. Almost.

Zendala walked towards Jaehyun, who was still chained to the wall. It was a miracle that he was still alive with all his wounds and the amount of blood he must have lost. His whole upper body was covered in bruises and slashes from whips. His breathing was so light you could barely see the rising and falling of his chest, but despite all the torture he had been through he was still alive. He really had proven that Demi-dragons were one of the strongest and toughest supernatural creatures out there.

The female warlock gritted her teeth. She hated the fact that she couldn't break them and get them to talk. She needed to know how she could get NCT out of the way before she could continue with her plan properly. After all, NCT had taken some hunters captive and despite a hunter's determination and loyalty to their own people they were only humans. There were enough supernatural creatures who could easily get a human to blurt out their deepest, darkest secret.

"I'm running out of time here", Zendala thought to herself and looked over her shoulder back to Ten, who had remained unmoving. When the female warlock looked back to Jaehyun she got an idea. A wide, sadistic smile creeped onto her lips while she continued to play around with the idea in her head. Why hasn't she thought of something like that sooner? It was such an easy solution to her problem.

"Ten you should start talking now", she mused and walked over to the brunette, crouching down in front of him, so she could see his face. The Demi-dragon refused to even glance at the female warlock and didn't budge either. His gaze remained focused on his lap. Zendala grinned a bit wider. He would start talking soon.

"You remember that you and your precious partner aren't the only prisoners here, right?", Zendala continued to talk, sounding like she was delivering some happy news. Slowly Ten's eyes began to shimmer with an realization, followed by horror. His head snapped towards Zendala, who was just smiling to herself while still crouching in front of Ten's chair.

"You wouldn't dare", Ten shouted in both anger and fear. The Demi dragon gritted his teeth while his hands were clenched into fists. He was weakly fighting the metallic restraints on his wrists. For a moment Zendala was taken back by his loud tone, but the minute she saw the fear and horror in the Demi-dragon's eyes she knew he just used his anger in an attempt to cover up his fear. He knew what she was capable of and knew all too well, that she would start killing the other captives she didn't need anymore in order to get him to talk.

"I wouldn't? Really?", she questioned in a mocking tone while she stood back up. She snapped her finger, which let the chains that kept Jaehyun up on the wall loosen, causing the other demi-dragon to limply fall onto the floor. Immediately Ten's head snapped towards Jaehyun, who was now laying on the ground completely unmoving. The fear in the Demi-dragon's bronze eyes became a lot more prominent when his gaze focused on his half dead partner. He hadn't shown this amount of fear in a while.

"I admire the both of you for your strength", Zendala said and began strolling over to the unconscious Jaehyun. His lifeless black wings laid on the ground and covered him like a blanket. If his face wasn't bruised and covered with small cuts from knifes, you would think he was just sleeping. It was truly a miracle he was still alive.