Chapter 3

Present Time

Tian

I am back and I can't wait to resume what I'd left.
Two years with Educational studies, it really makes me more motivated to go back to teach.

I am currently waiting at my house living hall for Tul to pick me up for dinner.
I just land last night from New York and still adjusting my sleep with the time differences.

"Tian my friend. I missed you so much" Tul with his usual dramatic.

 I missed you so much" Tul with his usual dramatic

"Ai Tul, stop being so drama king. You were visiting me there almost every month till I don't have the time to miss you."

"Aw... You should've appreciates me instead of complaining my friend" Tul begin to show his ugly pouting.

"Yeah yeah... thank you my friend who always being there for me." I tame the ugly sulking man in front of me.

"That's right, because of me, you are now happy and cheerful." My eyes were rolling with his statement.

Happy and cheerful, yeah on the outside might seems like it.

But on the inside, despite the visible surgery scars on my chest, there's also an invisible scars on my heart that seems to  be still be in pain. But as usual, I brushesh that thoughts away and back to Tul ridiculousness.

After one week returning home. Today, during breakfast, I've decided to tell my parents my next plan.

"Mae, Por... I plan on going back to Pha Pan Dao to teach the kids" Without any introduction I just throw it out to my parents.

"Tian.... Pha Pan Dao son? Why? There's a lot other schools here that you can teach, why do you have to go far away?" Mae respond with her concern tone and I can see Por is also waiting for my reasons.

"Is it because of that Officer son?" Por adds on another question which kinda shock me. Does he know anything?

"No Por, Chief Phupha and me do not have anything, he cut me off after I get back to the city and till this day there was nothing. I am just a stranger to him that he care due to responsibility" I can see that my dad flinched his face with my statements.

I guess he might feels guilty with what happen during my time at Pha Pan Dao.

I've came out to my parents in regards of my sexuality before I left for New York.
I don't want them to have any high expectation from me in regards of relationship with future marriage or what so ever. That is the last thing I need in my life right now.

With my health history and Phupha, I don't think I am looking forward for any relationship. I am glad that they both seems supportive and accepting.

Tul on the other end however, always try to make me flirt or push me to guys who may seem interested in me during our outing, but none were able to make my heart fluttered as Phupha, so I remain my distance.

I look straight to my Mae and Por, I can see the concern looks on their faces. And I understand their worries for me.

"Mae, Por... I want to go back there because I want to resume what I've left. I want to share what I have learnt with those kids. I know how they struggle with different teachers every three to six month, I feel sad for them. Every time when the kids start to bond with the teacher... the teacher will then return back to the city and they have to start it all over again..." I give them time to interrupt, but when they seems to be remain in calm, I continue...

"I wish to provide the kids with a stable education programs, I want them to be prepare when or if they enter the schools in town so that they will be able to adjust accordingly. And I am going to need both of your support". I look to their faces with full of hopes, and await for their respond.

Both of my parents look at each other and I am now nervous and worries if they will continue to object to my plan.

"Okay, son. We going to support you. You've grown enough to know what you want in your life. Just promise me son, that you will always talk to us and won't kept your mom worried. You know how impossible she can be when she can't get an update from you." my dad is now teasing my mom.

"Por.... " my mom protest to my father's claim.

And I am already on the cloud nine now that I got both of their approval and support. I walk towards them and gives both of them hug and kisses and also being extra clingy to my mom.

"Thanks Mae, Por. I promise I will take care of myself. Don't worry I will always come back home to visit."

"There ,you promise me son, or I will go there by myself if you forgot your Mae son!"

"Uh that sounds great, visit me okay Mae... Por. So that you can have a a good rest with the nature" I overly hype with the idea of having both of them at Pha Pan Dao.

"So what's your next plan son" Por ask me.

"I'm going to visit the foundation and request for my posting to Pha Pan Dao, since they going to need to get a security clearances and all. I also need to discuss and organize my teaching terms and educational program. How I wish I can renovate or upgrade the teacher's house since I'm going to stay there longer this time." Not me trying to be fussy, but a little improvement will be much better.

"Tell the foundation, I will support what ever they need, and I also will sponsor for the teacher house to be upgraded according to your need son. I want you to be at least comfortable while you were there so that me and your mom will not have to worry of you living your life there. You can go to Pha Pan Dao whenever you're ready. Pha Pan Dao is better nowadays so it won't be much of an issue."

Yeah, I forgot its been two years since I left. I wonder how Pha Pan Dao is nowadays.

"Thanks Por. I will discuss with the foundation and update you. I love you Mae, Por. Thank you for understanding and being supportive."

"We just want you to be happy son."

=====

I am so excited to write Tian's return to Pha Pan Dao...