Chapter 30

Phupha

I've showered and as plan, I took a long one.

But still, I didn't know what to do?

Tian is now resting at the living room with his book. I walk to him, sitting next to his feet.

"Tian... what would you like to eat? I can make it for you or if I can't, I can buy anything for you." I ask him while massaging his legs.

His face were covered with the book as he was reading, so I can't really see his facial.
But than he put the book down and I can see he is currently eating a sandwich.

I guess... my futile attempt was failed, down to the drain.

"Can I have some?" I request and he shove it all into his mouth.

I pout.

"I'll make you some coffee na..." I stand and walk towards the kitchen. But on my way I saw another sandwich plate on the table... Tian ate his.

I presume this was mine?

"Tian... is this for me?" I turn back to look back at him. He just simply nod and back to resume his reading...

I take it as a yes and my heart ache because he still care for me.

"Thanks Tian..."

God Phupha... Why do you have to be so dumb and hurting his feeling, yet he still take care of you.

I ate the breakfast that Tian made for me and back to sit beside him. I lean to his side, he pulled away at first but gave up after a while. I put my head on his shoulder. Hoping that he will talk to me soon enough.

After a while, I can hear Tian cringe in pain.

"Tian, what's wrong? Are you in pain?" I grab his hand and stroking it lightly, hoping it will sooth the pain away. I light kissed the wound area.

"Do you want to take the painkiller?" I raise my head to look at his face, and he blankly just keep looking at me. His eyes were shining, but I am not sure the reasons.

Is it because of the pain?

"Tian..." I palm his jaws and stroking his cheek with my thumb.

I miss him.

Even he was right in front me, but the wall that he put between us, is making me miserable enough.

After a while lost in his thoughts, he pull himself away and stand up. He move toward the bedroom. My eyes just keep following his body. I should just let him rest. I am too afraid to push him too much.

I check the bedroom, and Tian is sleeping. I can see he already take the painkiller from the look of the medicine on the bedside table.

I walk to the bed and sit beside him.

I'm stroking his hair, admiring my Tian.

"I am sorry Tian... please forgive me..." I said to the sleeping man.

I've decided to cook us lunch.

So that when Tian wake up, we can eat together. I've finished preparing the soup and fried vegetables. Now, what is left is to prepare the omelette. Its been long since I cook, because Tian always do it. He just love it. I only manage to cook when he is too tired or sick.

Thank god I still got the skill...

As I am waiting for the oil to heat up, I can hear Tian walk in to the kitchen. I turn to look at him as I was about to put the mix eggs batter onto the pan.

"Tian, you are awake. We can eat once the omelette is ready." And than, right before I pour in the eggs, the hot oil splattered on my hands. I drop the bowl due to the sudden burnt pain on my skin.

"Ouch...." Nothing beat the pain of hot oil on your skin, with the stinging of pain that feels worst than a bullet.

OK I might be dramatic... but it does hurt.

"Phu... are you OK?" Tian ran next to me, he grab my hand and switch off the fire. All my pain goes away as he touch my skins, but than... I also realized, that he just start talking to me.

So I decided to seize the opportunity.

"Aww... it hurts." again, bear with me, as I am being dramatic to get Tian sympathy.

He just look at my hands and pull me to the sink to run the water through my hands.
I just let him and I am also taking advantage of the moment. I put my other arms on his waist while he's inspecting my hand. They are scorching red right now, and Tian were checking on them diligently.

"Come lets put some medicine on your hand." I let him pull me to the living room as he fuss over it and I just admiring having Tian taking care of me.

We were at the table, and Tian is putting some cream on my hands. His eyebrows were close to each other as he was treating my hands. After finish, he than stands to put away the first aid kit, but I grab his body first.