Chapter 27

Phupha

I don't know how long were we cuddled on bed, but I needed this.

Securing the border with a new station drain all of my energy.
I used to just return to my empty room and doing nothing after a drilling days at work.

But now, I can come back to Tian, it feels better and greater than ever. All the hard work and away time seems to fade away. I hug Tian tightly like a koala bear and I don't care if he finds me clingy.

I wish I could spend the rest of my life like this

I wish I could spend the rest of my life like this. Just having me near him give me the comfort that I don't know I need. Being away from each other was hard, but the joyous of reunited makes it worth it.

I appreciate that Tian understand my works. Lots of my men complaining how their spouses were nagging when ever they need to be away on a mission.

I do think of having a family... but the passions I had for my work makes me wonder, if I ever find a partner that will always be supportive.

Little that I know, when you found the right one, your own self would make the necessary changes. As being away for so long is a torture, which than makes you balance the relationship and work accordingly.

Here... this is the moment, being with Tian, blessing with the time together is all I ever need.

I do worried if I should tell Tian... my history with Waan, they both seem to be friends and its good to know that Tian now got more people around him. I am afraid, if he ever get bored with only the kids, Longtae, Rang and Yod to play with.

Most of people in Pha Phan Dao practically know I am with Tian, and they were being indifferent. I am not sure if Waan already know. I don't actually have the opportunity to speak with Waan personally. We've been busy with all of our commitment.

"Chief... Tian..." I heard some one call both of us from the front house and I wake up. Tian also seems clueless.

"I'll check it out." I says to Tian, but still manage to give him a kiss. I always love looking at him with his after sex glow and lazy look on bed, so sexy.

 I always love looking at him with his after sex glow and lazy look on bed, so sexy

I quickly put on my pants and shirts, and briefly comb my hair with my finger.

"Aw Waan, what are you doing here?" I greet her from the living room window.

"Chief... I went to the base and they said you were home, I forgot you were staying with Tian."

I heard Tian coming out to the living room and getting closer but instead of making himself visible via the window to Waan, he discreetly talk to me on my side.

"Waan didn't know about me and you... is it Phu?" I look at Waan and tell her I'll be coming down shortly, and get Tian closer behind the wall and whisper.

"I don't know if she knows, but I haven't said anything..." I told Tian.

"Do you want her to remain unknown?" He ask me.

I don't know what I want, and I just look at Tian eyes blankly.

Why do I feels the need to remain hidden about me and Tian relationship out of Waan knowledge as long as I can?

Tian let a breath out after I continue to being in silence for a while, and not giving him any respond.

"I don't know why, but I let you have it your way Phupha..." He squeeze my arms showing me that he understand and he walks out to meet Waan.

After a while, I follow him to the front house.

"Waan would like to ask us to accompany her for a hike Chief." Tian says as I sat on the stairs.

I look at Waan and true enough. She was in her active wear ready for an adventures.

It's been long, since I leisurely stroll for a hike, used to do that a lot. Even my work require me lots of trekking, but it is different when you just walk and hike admiring the nature.

I look at Tian and Waan.

"Sounds great... its been long since I went for a leisure hikes." Waan looks delighted and I smiled.

"You both enjoy it than, I'm going to stay at home. Don't want to slow you down." Tian say in his indifferent tone. I know Tian love the nature, but he still limit himself with strain activities.

I look at Tian for any sign of bluffing or anything, but I remain clueless. We agreed to spend the weekend together. But now...

I look into his face for another assurance but nothing changes.

"Go and change your clothes Chief." He pull me up and push me inside the house. I just proceed, I guess he really meant it.

***

45 minutes later me and Waan arrive at the top of the hill. The evening breeze feels great.

"Oh my, I can't believe I forgot how great the view was?!" Waan exclaim next to me.

"So... how are you Chief, I believe we haven't had the time to properly chat since I arrived." Waan continue to chat and we both sit on the stone for a rest.

"Fine, still managing this side of the country." I carelessly answers Waan questions.

"How about you? What makes you come back to Pha Phan Dao?" I ask Waan.

"I don't know, when I see the opening offer on the ministry board, I just applied, I've been missing this place and the people since I left." I look at her as she talk and than she turn looking at me. I just smiles.

Waan is all natural beauty, she is the kind of girl who don't need a make up to go out. She will just pat her face with baby powder and she's ready. I guess that's why me, Doc Nam and her can easily be close buddies.

"Tian say you will be giving seminar to the women in the villages this week. Thank you for supporting him, he was really excited."

"I am glad I can help, he is so passionate, feels great talking with him. I can see he really care for the kids and villagers." He continue to praise Tian and I can't agree with her more, and making me realized I missed him already.

"Shall we go back... it will be dark soon." I stand up and Waan grab my hand to hold me where I was.

"Chief..." She come closer but I don't know why I didn't take a step back and I just freeze await for her next move.

"You need to know that I also came back because I missed you." Waan continue, she was getting closer.

-
-
-

But, I manage to grab my senses and set back.

"Let just be friend Waan..." I tell her with a smile.

I don't want to hurt her feelings.

Before she respond to my statement, I again tell her to make a move to go back. And she seems to give up to continue and I feel glads.

I liked Waan, she is a sweet and care free girl. We both used to have so much fun spending our time together. We will never get bored with each other.

And hearing I am one of the reason for her to come back here, making me feel a sense of guilt. I don't know why. I know we both didn't made any promises with each other, but I just can't help feeling guilty.

When a woman moved hundreds miles away from home for you, it triggered your admiration. So, I don't want to crush her feelings, I hopes I can ease her into it.

Hence, I still didn't come clean to her about me and Tian. Hoping as time goes by, she will learn about it, but not from me.

Just hope Tian won't ever know about us as well. I don't know how he would take it, it is a matter of the past but I do feel guilty not disclosing it to him personally.

Only me and Waan know how far our relationship used to go. As we were remain discreet due to her internship status and my position.  So the only possible chances that Tian will ever know is whether from me or Waan herself.

I can't think of any possible reason for Waan to talk to Tian about us...

None right?

=====

Oh Chief Phupha, don't you know, the truth always finds it way.