Chapter 42

Tian

Day two and now its already midnight, since my dad arrive at Pha Phan Dao and leading this base as his command center for Phupha team search and rescue mission.

We still do not have any news or progress. My dad's team still exploring the forest pin pointing the militant location and look out for any trace.

I am trying very best to not thinking for the worst and being a burden to the whole situation.

Imagining Phupha in a hostage situation is enough to get my heart beating so fast and restless.

Its also has been two days since I last had a sleep.

"Go to sleep Tian." My dad again, ask me to sleep.
"I can't Por." I really can't, resting at time like this, was too much.

My dad hands me bottle of pills.

"Take the sleeping pill Tian, I ask the Doctor to prescribe some for you, I know you gonna need it. Try Tian, or I swear I'm gonna let your mother come. She's been groveling me every hour to let her be here." Having my mother smothering all over me was the last thing I need.

"Fine Por, I go and have a sleep, promise me you will wake me up if there's anything, please..."

"Yes son, I will. Don't worry. Go and have a rest, I don't think Phupha will be happy seeing you with your current condition."

"Aww, don't worry dad, he loves me in every condition I am."

"That's is to much information , TMI son, TMI...." and for the first time I smile. I walk and give my dad a hug.

"Thanks Por, for being here."

"Always will son."

***

Phupha was bleeding.
His hand was dripping with blood.
His face was in pain with sweats. His surrounding was dark. But I can see him in the glow of the ambient fires and moonlight.

He can't get up, he just sit there in pain. Gasping. Sorrow and tired eyes.

"Phu... Phupha!!!" I try to call his name, but he can't hear me. He continue to groan in pain.

"Phu...." I try again, and again.

"Phu...!!!" I scream with all my lungs out.

***

I wake and my heart is pounding.

"Tian...Tian... wake up baby..." I open my eyes and he was looking at me.

But it feels like a dream. No. I just woke up from a dream. Am I?

"Tian..." he calls me again.

"Phu?" I open my eyes wider, scratching my eyelids hoping to make my eyesight clearer, and raise myself.

"Phu... you're back." I grab him and circle my arms, but after a while...

"Is it real. You are back?" I pinch him.

"Auw... Tian, that hurts." Phu pout.

"I need to check if I was dreaming."
"Wasn't you suppose to pinch your own body for that?" and he pinch me.
"Ouch. Phu...." oh the pain. Its real. He is back.

I grab him to check his body. His arm were bandage and there's a lot of bruise and fresh scars on his skin.

"Are you OK? Are you badly injured?" I pull myself out of bed and pull him to stand so I can inspect him better.

"Haven't you check enough? Tian?" He whine after I make him turn around for few times. I look at his face and my eyes start to feels wet.

"Now, can I get a hug from you. My body feel sores, I need my baby to heal and strengthen me up." He says and open both of his arm widely. And I go in as soon as I can and bury myself into his chest and let out all the frustration that had been kept for the past few days.

"I'm gonna kill you myself, if you make me worried like this ever again Phupha Viriyanon!" I try my best to sound fearful and intimidating but end up just a surly version of warnings. My threaten make him hold me tightly and lough.

I pound his chest.

"I am serious Phu." I folds my arms at my chest.
"And I trust you Tian." He resume holding me tight.

***

All Phupha and his team member were safely return. They meet the rescue team half way as they manage counter attack and retreat from their hostage location.

The gang were capture as Phupha team advise the special forces and attack the location.

Despite the drama, Phupha mission were success and the gang were hunt down. Just a few of the militant manage to escape to the border.