Chapter 26

Tian

I can see it

I can see it... how the three of them were once had a good relationship.

Four years back... Which mean once she left, Torfun came or maybe Waan manage to have a time meeting Torfun before she had finished her internship.

Like I said to Phupha, she is pretty.
It feels great that our Pha Phan Dao family now getting bigger with more people.

They continue to talk and I just listened to them as they were reminiscing their past.

It sounds fun, it must be... she was here when Phupha and Doc Nam in the middle of their 20's like I am today. It is the peak of their youth, so they must had been adventurous and fun playing with each other.

I know Phupha were not that old, but as he is now in his 30's, I wonder what kinda a guy he might be five years back. Maybe there's not much that had changes but seeing him talking with Waan and Doc about their memories...

I can't stop thinking that, maybe he was more laid back and happy go lucky?

Stop thinking of pass Tian...

Remember, living for today and look forward for tomorrow.

I turn to look at the drip next to me, and silently sigh.
Tian... seriously two times this week?
How weak can you be? I blamed myself and my body for not being strong enough.

People would've thought my life were back to normal, but as what my Doctor had said, my body will not be the same. They're always precautions, and I need to always be alert with any sort of body conditions like tiredness, short of breath, fever and else.

But, sometime I just forgot or I don't want to dwell on them too much.

Does Phupha think I am weak? I hate that I always trouble him with my issues.

I turn to look at him who was still in deep conversation, seems like he also just reunite with Waan today.

I checked my drip and they were done. I removed the needles and manage to sort it out by myself.

"Tian, what are you doing? You should rest." Doc Nam came at me and help me to seal my injection area with a plaster.

"It's done Doc, I should go back home. I rest better at home. I feel the need to take a shower and sleep on my bed." I assure him.

And suddenly I can feel Phupha grabbing my hand helping me to stand.

"I am fine Chief. If you got to work I can take care of myself. You don't have to worry." I try to stand by myself to assure him I am well enough.

"No Tian, lets go home. Nothing's urgent for tonight." He take back my hand and pull me closer, I don't have the strength to fight back and just let him be.

"Thank you Doc..." I turn to look at Waan who were just seeing me being pampered like a little boy.

Gosh this is embarrassing.

"Nice meeting you Doctor Waan, if you have time, come and visit the kids at the school. They must be happy seeing pretty young lady like you." I said.

"Aw... you are such a sweet guy. Sure, I just arrived today. Will surely visit the village soon, I need to meet Khama and I'll drop by at the school naa... Have a good rest Tian."

"Come lets go" Phupha lead both of us out of the clinic to go home.

***