𝑩 𝑳 𝑶 𝑶 𝑫 𝒀 𝑱 𝑶 𝑯 𝑵 𝑯 𝑨 𝑵 𝑪 𝑶 𝑪 𝑲

──  ❝ 𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑬𝑳𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵」

❝ 血まみれのジョン・ハンコック;
.BLOODY JOHN HANCOCK ❞

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?" Karma stabs her finger at one of the clauses in their contract. She had been reading over it during the car ride where she sat on the passenger side in the car, opposite from the King who sat behind Namjoon.

He had busied himself with staring out at the world around them, watching as it passes them by with each second. Water droplets cling to the glass, reflecting and refracting the glowing lights of the city. With her sudden outburst, he already knew what she was complaining about.

"You didn't say shit about me having to live with you." Karma had to draw the line somewhere this ought to be where. She never agreed to live with him, she never agreed to abandon Yoongi.

Taehyung gave an overstated roll of his gorgeous eyes and scoffed. "I didn't have to, it was in the contract. You would've found out about it before you signed it." Karma hated the condescending tone in his voice, but unlike Yoongi, she couldn't simply tell him to watch it or she'd slap him.

"Plus, it's only during the weekdays and you're not gonna be locked up there, you're free to come and go as you please," he adds on. If she bothered to read the rest, she would have known that. He offered her a diverted smile, his brows pinching together subtly. "As you said, you could be one of them. Best to keep an eye on you myself. Only until I get my diamond back and then you can go back to your normal way of life."

It made sense. As much as Karma didn't trust him. He didn't trust her. Mutually assured destruction. As long as Karma wasn't fucking him over, he wouldn't do the same.

"Now, if you don't mind, what do the Americans say? Place your John Hancock." He reached into the inside of his trench coat to take out the pen he had tucked away on the inner pocket to hand to her. There weren't many clauses that Karma hadn't expected. She wasn't allowed to tell anyone about the investigation or the progress of it. Any and all information regarding the investigation would immediately be reported to him, omission of truth is considered a break in the agreement meaning all bets were off. Any intentional disobedience of the contract would render it void.

In return, the King would give her exactly 3 million won per week. She was to be placed under his protection and given access to all information regarding the investigation as the King sees fit, etc, etc, failure to meet any of these agreements will render the contract void yada, yada, you know the deal.

Karma reaches out and takes the pen from his long elegant fingers. Under the soft glow of multicolored urban lights, she could see the defined tendons of his hands. She always had such a fascination with hands, from Yoongi's pale ones to Taehyung's defined ones. They were both large, but tell stories of who they are.