𝑭 𝑬 𝑰 𝑮 𝑵 𝑬 𝑫 𝑹 𝑬 𝑺 𝑷 𝑬 𝑪 𝑻

──  ❝ 𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑹𝑻𝒀 𝑻𝑾𝑶」

❝ 偽の敬意;
.FEIGNED RESPECT ❞

KARMA MISSED THE shithole that was Itaewon's Playground as unlikely as it seemed. Sure, it still smelled like stale weed and moonshine strong enough to kill a man healthier than a horse. And yeah, maybe the men there were sleazy assholes who viewed women as nothing more as property, sexual objects for them to use for their pleasure and then discard like trash. But the familiarity of it brings to Karma a sense of comfort.

It's been months since she's returned to her usual haunt. Deafening music fills her ears in a way she's not yet reintroduced to. It makes her wince, but Karma figured she'd become accustomed to it once more just as she had before.

Nostalgia hits her brutally hard. Pickpocketing with Yoongi was an irreplaceable feeling. Their highs were like no other. The adrenaline kick was enough to hook them. They fed off of each other. They were junkies in a way. Just trying to find the next thing to excite them. Running through the streets together as electric blues and neon reds melt into vibrant lilacs and withering lavenders.

Tonight The Playground is drowned green with envy, but that seems to be all that's changed. The girls still dance on the poles in something you couldn't even qualify as clothing and men still throw money at them, panting like starved dogs looking upon a fresh piece of meat. Karma wonders if any of the girls here realize how much power they had over these men.

She didn't plan on stealing anything tonight. No, she'd rather sit down at the bar, sip on her Kamikaze, and revel in the sour taste that penetrates and defiles her senses. Hopefully, Karma would be able to find Kehlani and check up on how Yoongi was doing, if he was getting better at all. She texted her to tell her she was passing through.

Karma enjoyed her senses being overwhelmed. The combination of music so loud that it seems to rattle her to her very core, the sour taste of lime and vodka passing over her tongue as she resists the urge to suck in her cheeks, and disorienting, flashing lights don't leave any room for her mind to form any cohesive thought. Her brain was already distracted with too many things, senses bombarded and overwhelmed. For once, even if it was brief, she could be thoughtless.

It was odd that no one was approaching her. Not to sound egotistical, but Karma was always approached by some slick-talking man who thinks just a few sweet words was enough to get in her pants. Everyone seemed to avoid her like the plague. No one even made eye contact with her.

Karma stood up from the cushy leather stool she sat on, abandoning her drink on the counter to find Kehlani. Maybe she was with a client, oh well, he could wait.

She pushed her way through the heavy, steel door that sectioned off the backrooms from the main part of the club. The music suddenly became dull and muffled behind the soundproofed walls. Doors line the walls of the narrow hall, some of them stained with the faded splatters of blood, only coming from god knows where.