𝑳 𝑬 𝑽 𝑬 𝑳 𝑶 𝑭 𝑬 𝑸 𝑼 𝑨 𝑳 𝑰 𝑻 𝒀

─

─  ❝ 𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑾𝑬𝑳𝑽𝑬」

❝ 平等のレベル ;
.LEVEL OF EQUALITY❞

THEIR LAST DESTINATION FOR THE NIGHT WAS THE KING'S HUMBLE ABODE, soon to be Karma's own temporary home while she works with him. She must stress that she work with him, she was an equal and she refused to be treated as anything less. Taehyung chose not to push it. A woman like Karma was one not to be trifled with. They were like vipers, ready at any moment to sink their teeth into your flesh and fill you with their deadly venom.

"Where are we going now?" The last thing Karma wanted to see was another horrific scene displayed in front of her scarred eyes. It was an initiation of sorts, to see how well she'd be able to handle seeing something so gory. Fortunately, she had handled it well, most get sick at even the smallest drop of blood.

"To your new home. I thought it would be courteous of me to give you a tour before you move in." Oh, how thoughtful.

One could only expect the King to live in a place fit for royalty. Karma half expected them to pull up in front of the Gyeongbokgung Palace with how regal he appeared. He lived in Gangnam, one of the most expensive districts in Seoul, filled with apartments worth more than most people's lives, Gucci, Chanel, Prada, all sorts of expensive brands had placed their stores there for the rich patrons of Seoul to partake in.

Karma walked side by side with The King as they made their way through the lobby of the apartment building he lived in. The floors were made of sleek, white panels of marble that reflected the light of the crystal chandeliers that hung from the high ceilings. The sharp clicking of her heels is the only thing to be heard within the confines of the elegant building as they make their way towards the elevators on the opposite side of the room.

He presses the call button and immediately, a small chime rang out and the heavy metal doors slid open to allow them inside.

Taehyung pressed the button for the top floor before pressing his thumb on the small screen above the panel of buttons. "The only way to get to the top floor is with your thumbprint. I'll have Namjoon add you in by tomorrow."  There was a firmness in his voice, as if they were sitting in a business meeting that just happened to be in an 8x8 metal box.

Silence was quick to settle between them and neither of them minded. There was something special about their silence. It was untainted by malice or tension. Their silence was just silence, something Karma's never experienced before, not even with Yoongi. There was always something in the air with their silence, whether it be anger, annoyance, contentment, or even love. Karma couldn't tell which she preferred more.

There was a lurch as the elevator was pulled up through the building. During the wait, Karma watched him unbutton the vest of his three-piece suit. His fingers found the knot of the tie around his neck and tugged it loose before skillfully unbuttoning the first few buttons of his shirt with a single hand. He seemed to stare at his blurred reflection in the metal of the door, giving Karma a chance to admire his side profile.