𝑻 𝑶 𝑺 𝑬 𝑬 𝑻 𝑯 𝑬 𝑺 𝑼 𝑵 𝑺 𝑬 𝑻

──  ❝ 𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑾𝑬𝑵𝑻𝒀 𝑵𝑰𝑵𝑬」

❝ 夕日を見るために;
.TO SEE THE SUN SET ❞

NO ONE SAID getting clean entirely on your own was easy. Even with help, it seemed like such an impossible feat. Anyone who's a drug addict or knows a drug addict knows how fucking impossible it seems to stay clean. It was a Sisyphean task. A task of false hope and empty promises. That maybe, if you push the boulder over the mountain's peak, you'll finally see the sunset you've always desired to place your eyes upon.

Well, Yoongi's been pushing the goddamn boulder up the mountain for 7 years and he still has yet to see what the sky looks like as the sun goes down. He got close though, so fucking close. For 3 years, Karma had carried some of that crushing weight for him, and together, pushing side by side, they almost made it to the top. Yoongi managed to capture just a glimpse of what could have been. The sky, a beautiful mix of tangerine orange, sunflower yellow, and coral pink, cloudless.

The sunset.

And then the weight came down on him all at once as Karma had finally had enough. She was done pushing Yoongi's boulder for him and he never remembered brutally heavy it weighed in his shoulders until now. All the progress he had made, gone. As he found himself back at the bottom of his mountain.

Yoongi was determined to make the climb again, but this time, all on his own.

But just as he was beginning to gain his footing, he tripped and fell and the rock crushed him once more. Every time he tried to stop, there was something in the back of his mind telling him he could never escape this, that this was his destiny. To be alone with his only comfort being the thing that would kill him. It was far easier to succumb to his addiction rather than face the pain of having to get better.

It didn't stop him from trying. This wasn't for him. This was for Karma. Maybe if Yoongi had been alone, he would have let himself waste away into nothingness. But he wasn't, he had Karma who was waiting for him to get better so they can move forward with their lives.

This was for Karma.

"Hey, Yoon!" Kahlani kicked the front door closed behind her, letting it lock automatically from the inside. She readjusted her grip on the food she had in her hands and began making her way further into the small apartment. Karma had told Kehlani to check in on him at least once a week and sent her money to buy food for him as well as a little extra for her help.

So that's what Kehlani did. Every Friday before work, she would pop in with some food and check to make sure the man still had a pulse before leaving. Most of the time he was either sleeping or hunched over the toilet throwing up everything he had in his stomach. It's been going on this for weeks. He would stop doing cocaine and then the withdrawals would hit. It would eventually get so bad that he figured just a little more wouldn't hurt. And the cycle would repeat all over again. He couldn't just stop cold turkey. It would kill him. He was trying to wean himself off of it just as Karma did last time he was getting clean.