❄️ 04

It's been a year since you started training

It's been a year since you started training. You did master the Total Concentration Breathing and the Breath of Water.

Of course Giyuu was amazed by your performance. In just a short time, you mastered both breathing techniques, but that doesn't mean you're done on your training.

"Where are we going?" You asked boringly. Right now, the two of you are walking inside a forest in a mountain.

He didn't answer so you just frowned at him. Later on, he stopped in front of a big rock. "What...are we doing?" You asked.

"Slice this rock in half, and your training is over," he said.

...

...

You looked back and forth to Giyuu and the rock with a questioning look in your eyes saying 'are you joking?'

"Tomioka-san," you called. "You've got to be joking, right?"

Giyuu stared at you emotionless. "Do I look like I'm joking?"

"So you are serious?! The length of this sword doesn't even reach to the end of this rock?" You said as you walked around the rock.

"Before I went to the Final Selection, I sliced a boulder this big, in half," he said.

"Maybe an earthquake will?" You sarcastically said. "How am I gonna slice this in half?"

"That's for you to figure it out," he answered. "I'll be leaving you here, come back to the headquarters once your done or I'm kicking you out."

Then he left. "Oi! WAIT!!!"

"What am I...Seriously?" You asked the rock.

You tried swinging your sword towards the rock but it felt like you're the one who's going to be cut in half.

"He's just messing with me, right?" You asked yourself.

You tried hitting it more but you feel yourself looking so stupid so you stopped. You looked around the place and you noticed that the other side of the mountain is snowy so you walked closer to it.

Only to be surprised of what view lies in there. Frozen lake down that mountain, it is really beautiful.

"It's been a long time since I've seen a snow," you whispered. "It's cold but beautiful."