❄️ 06

After, the small celebration the five of you did, you bid goodbye to Obanai and Giyuu but of course, you thanked him for the training he did to you before going back to where you live, the Butterfly Estate.

Kanae and Shinobu are still praising you and asking you questions about the breathing technique you're starting to use until you reach their estate. The other butterfly girls greeted you and congratulated you for finishing your training.

And now, a month to wait before the Final Selection.

Of course the other girls are worried about the upcoming event. They know that every last day of the selection, it was always less than ten who's surviving. They are hoping for you to come back after that seven days.

It's been a year and a half since Giyuu started training you as his Tsuguko, and you've also met the other hashiras, except for the Flame Hashira who's slacking on his missions lately. When you asked Giyuu about it, he said that it all started when the mentioned hashira lost his wife, and at the same time, he lost his will and fighting, and found killing demons pointless. The master understands him well, but still hoping that he'll be back to his normal self and help the other hashiras on defeating the demons.

Then you also remembered how you met the Wind Hashira.

Flashback.

You were on your way to the Butterfly Estate to visit everyone because it's been a long month since you came back to the estate.

Instead of facing the front while walking, you're looking down causing you to bump with someone. "Sorry!" You exclaimed.

"Look at where you're going, not on the road," he said and you were taken aback by his tone.

"Uhm, yes... I'm sorry again," you said and looked at him. He has a white hair and purple irises, and you noticed the scars all over his face.

The guy tilted his head at you as if he's checking something. "You are Tomioka's successor, right?" He asked.

You nodded slowly. "I am..."

"You are so small," he said and your eyes widened. "What made you decided to join the corps?"

"I...don't know. I just wanted to," you answered, stuttering.

"Huh?! You don't know? This isn't a playground!" He said that made you step back. Is he always like this?

"No...but, I wanted to help other people," you said lowly.

The guy stopped and his mouth gaped.

'I wanted to help other people, that's why!'

Memories. "T-Teiko?" He said.

"Huh? I'm F/N, Soyama F/N," you said.

The guy shooks his head and sighed. "Sorry, uh...Shinazugawa Sanemi, Wind Hashira."

Wind Hashira

Wind Hashira

Wind Hashira...

You immediately bowed down to him as a respect. "Sorry! I-I should have known!"

"It's...okay. You should continue your way," he said and left.

End of Flashback

After talking about it to Kanae, she said that Sanemi lost his family before because of a demon. And the name Teiko belongs to his younger sister.