❄️ 10

You tapped his shoulder that caused him to look at you in surprise. "Let's just kill the demon lurking here and then leave immediately if this place doesn't give you any relief, alright?"

He closed his eyes and heave out a sigh before nodding.

The two of you continued walking in the village and you can hear some gossips about the two of you, and why you are carrying a sword.

You noticed that Obanai's not beside you anymore and so you looked back where you found him staring at something. Following his gaze, you saw a girl sitting down in front of a big house, reading something.

"Onii-san," you called. He looked at you immediately. "Who's that?"

A moment of silence where he looked back to the girl again. "Our cousin," he answered. "She's the one who survived with me."

You looked back at the girl and noticed that she looks sad. "I wonder why she looks sad," you said.

"I kind of want to ask, but...I don't think I can," he said.

You sighed before leaving him and went to the girl. She noticed your presence instantly and fixed her posture. "Is...t-there anything I could help?"

"I noticed your emotions...Are you okay?" You asked hesitant.

Her eyes widened before looking down and saw a sword on your waist. "You are...a demon slayer?"

You chuckled lightly. "It might sound unbelievable, but yes I am."

But you were taken aback when she broke into a loud cry while dropping on her knees and held both of your hands. "I saw it with my own eyes! It took...it t-took my child! I saw him die and I c-couldn't do anything! But please..."

Her voice slowly whispering as she cries. "Please kill that demon! Many of the c-children also disappeared...Please, I beg you!"

You feel bad for her and patted her back. "We'll try our best to defeat that demon, and give your child the justice he deserve." You looked back to Obanai, who's already making his way towards you two.

"Kazuko," he called. Kazuko looked to the guy who called her and the familiar heterochromic eyes caught her attention.

"O-Obanai?"

"Onii-san," you whispered.

"We'll kill the demon," he said coldly. "F/N, lets go, the sun's already down."

Kazuko lets go of you and stood up, her eyes still at Obanai before turning back to you. "May I...know your name?" She asked.

You faintly smiled. "F/N. Soyama F/N," you answered.

"She's Mayako-san's daughter," Obanai said. "Our cousin, too."

Her eyes widened as she looks at you and gulped. "No wonder why you look familiar."

"F/N, let's go. The sun's already down," Obanai said once again.

You gave Kazuko a last smile before following Obanai.

"Relieved?" You asked.

"A little," he said.

A moment later and you started feeling something different when you two reached the edge of the village.