❄️ 27

"F/N, I'll leave it to your care."

"Use it in the best and nicest way you can."

"I know you can do it."

"My chosen one."

Eyes fluttering, you opened your eyes and was met by the familiar ceiling which you're sure that you're in your room.

Your head is sure felt so heavy, but you still forced yourself to sit up on your bed, also feeling a pain in your side. "Oh right, I got stabbed...Last night?" How long was I asleep?

The door made a sound and your eyes turned to it, opening and revealing Aoi who's carrying a basket of clothes. She turned to you and froze with her brows furrowed.

"I..." you chuckled. "I'm awake."

Aoi gulped before placing the basket on the floor and slowly making her way to you. "You've been out cold for a week, F/N!!! Do you know how worried I am?!"

Your mouth gaped at her in shock. "I'm out...for a week?"

"Yes you did!" She said and embraced you. "Everyone's so worried about you, they all wanted to stay here with you until you wake up...But they have missions, so they have to leave." She lets go of you after.

"And who's this 'they' we're talking about?" You asked.

"Iguro-sama and Shinazugawa-sama," she answered. "Even Tokito came here two days ago and wanted to stay, but he still have training to go so he left."

"I guess I did worry all of you, huh?" You chuckled. "How about the slayers who did the Fujikasane incident?"

"The officials arrested them," she said. "Shinazugawa-sama wants to kill them to be honest, but thankfully he was stopped by Shinobu-sama." Aoi stared at your pale face and sighed. "I'm getting you something to eat first, you haven't been eating for a whole week."

You chukled. "Really? I don't even feel any hunger, to be honest."

"Well, that's because you've been numb while unconscious," Aoi said before taking her leave.

You slowly lifted yourself up from the bed and walked towards the window. The view from your window is the training area and the garden beside it. You saw Kanao training there alone. "I wonder where her master is."

A few moments later and Aoi came back to her room with a tray on her hands. "Here eat up...Are you sure you can stand now? That stab of yours was pretty deep," she said with a concerned tone.

You shook your head while going back to bed to start eating. Aoi sat at the stool beside your bed. "Like I said, I actually don't feel anything." You started munching the onigiri. "Why is Kanao training alone? Where's Shinobu-san?"

"Oh, Shinobu's out to buy some herbs as usual," she answered.

"My...cousin?"

"Mission...do you even listened to what I said earlier?" she rolled her eyes.

You giggled. "I guess I'm still dozing off."

While eating, you suddenly remembered something from a week ago before you got injured at the mission. The demon you encountered. "Aoi-chan..." Aoi hummed in response. "Do you...believe that demons can have emotions too?"

Aoi frowned at your question but thinks of it too. "I guess they...could? I mean, they're once human too," she replied. "Why ask?"

You heave out a sigh before explaining to her about what happened at your patrolling before the hashira's mission. She's shocked upon hearing your story, but at the same time she thought that the demon's just messing with you. "And you believed that?"