❄️ 22

It's been a week since Kyojurou's pillar test and right now, the master has called a meeting to announce his appointment as the new pillar.

Of course, Sanemi is not quite happy about it but still glad that there will be a new help from a new pillar. 

"Kyojurou," Kagaya called. "You really are an amazing child."

You are between Sanemi and Tengen and you're just grinning slightly that you can feel their disappointed looks towards the new Flame Hashira. You wanted to laugh but you can't or they'll kill you on spot.

"Will you keep supporting the demon hunters as one of our pillars?" the master asked.

Kyojurou smiled wildly as usual. "Yes!"

"Hmph." Muttered Sanemi.

"How does that feel?" You whispered.

"Don't start," Sanemi and Tengen said at the same time. You snorted.

Someone who will change the destiny of the demon hunters in the future. Rengoku Kyojurou.

Deep inside, you agreed with the master. After seeing him fight, his skills and how he sticks to his words. He deserved to be beside all of you.

After the meeting, you decided not to go back yet at the Butterfly Estate and tried walking freely to where your feet leads you.

"Ah! F/N-chan!"

You turned around and you smiled upon seeing Mitsuri running towards you. "Mitsuri-san."

"I've never seen you for a week! How are you?"

"I'm fine, how about you?" you asked.

"Well, I am really happy today because Rengoku-san is officially a hashira!" She exclaimed. "And can you believe it? I made my own breath!"

You tilted your head a bit. "You...made one?"

She nodded cheerfully. "Yes! I call it the Breath of Love! I discovered it when I am fighting at the capital!"

Breath of Love? "How does that work?" you asked.

"I could say that I derived it from the Breath of Flame...And Rengoku-san always told me to turn my burning love into skills, and I just had it!" she explained.

You giggled slightly. "Well, let's say we're almost similar."

"Almost...similar?" she asked.

You nodded. "Breath of Ice is an old breathing technique...It is a combination of Breath of Water and Breath of Wind, and obviously when water meets coldness, it turns into ice. The same thing how the Breath of Ice was created," you said. "But only one can use it."