❄️ 25

Two hours of walking and the hashiras can finally see the mountain in a distant, and already noticed the loss of wisteria trees in some places.

"Should we start splitting up from here?" Shinobu asked everyone.

Kyojurou hummed happily. "I'll go ahead then!" He said and went to the left direction.

"F/N, are you going alone?" Obanai asked.

You turned to look at him. "I guess I will. It's better if we all spread out...I can handle myself."

"Are you sure?" Giyuu whispered beside you.

You smiled. "Yes, I am."

After that and all of the pillars have spreaded out on the whole mountain. It's still day and so you're sure that no one's going to attack you here because demons can't go out on the sunlight.

But you remembered what your cousin told you earlier, 'Humans can be murderous too.'

Who knows if someone will attack you here.

Once your feet reached the familiar pathway, you can't help but to feel angry that the wisterias surrounding this place as much as you remember was not this pitiful.

It is only a year or less when you've been into this place to take the Final Selection Exams, and the wisteria flowers in this pathway are blooming beautifully.

But now, all you can see is thick branches on the ground which is intentionally cut, the dried petals of the flowers, and what's worse is the cut trunks of the wisteria flowers itself.

You adored this place so much that you always want to come back here because of the pleasing scent the flowers give and how the sunrays reflect on the lavender colored flowers. Though, you're not allowed to come back here.

And now, you came back in the worst situation ever, you're starting to hate it. You just want to arrest whoever mess this place up and plant another wisteria seeds around to recreate its once beauty.

Following the path, it led you to the stairs which you went up to, and all the memories of your exam started to play. But you shrugged it off and continued looking for the people behind all of this.

You're not even sure if they're here at this hour, or they'll appear in the night time along with the demons...If Shinobu and Obanai is right when they said that a demon is probably leading them.

You went up ahead and stopped where the wisterias don't bloom because it's pointless if you continue, your mission is only to the wisteria part after all.

Later on, the sky darkened as the sun goes down, welcoming the moon as the new source of light from above. You stopped being carefree around the place in case someone came out of nowhere.

You were about to go back to where the stairs at when you suddenly heard unfamiliar voices. You immediately hid behind a tree.

"Do we really have to cut all of this trees? There are a lot!" Said one boy. This made you grit your teeth.

You found them, the people cutting the wisterias down.