❄️ 74

F/N ate silently while Giyuu stood by the window, not giving the girl a glance.

As much as he wanted to let her do whatever makes her happy, he just had enough of her brother. Giyuu knew himself that the Upper Moon Three will never plan to hurt her or use her—knowing that F/N is much powerful than the demon itself.

The problem is, F/N is just increasing her hopes for her brother and Giyuu thought that if it grew more, she won't be able to kill him. He fully understands what he feel, longing for a family. He experienced that himself.

If Hakuji or Akaza is a human, Giyuu might have befriended him in terms of getting along for F/N, but it's just not. Akaza is a demon and from the Upper Ranks to be specific.

It's not that he doesn't want F/N to see him, it's just that he's doing it for her own sake too.

Finally, Giyuu glanced at the girl who's still eating and thought of something. She'll probably escape.

I'm not leaving this place until she realize my point.

He flinched when F/N stood up carefully and walked around to place the used utensils in the sink, then she headed to the door without looking at him.

Giyuu only sighed at her actions and followed her instead outside. He leaned his shoulder to the wall while F/N crouched down on the garden, one hand caressing a flower.

As for F/N, she's not really mad about it. Her silence is not because she doesn't want to talk to Giyuu, but because she's thinking of something. And heading outside is just a way of shrugging that thought off.

The thing is, she realized whatever is happening to her and her body. Giyuu didn't notice that she's actually trembling and she's grateful about it.

Akaza's words keep ringing inside her head about dying. That her demon wasn't supposed to awaken yet. That she might die if she keeps controlling it.

She discovered that everytime she turns into Yoru and use it for a long time, once she reverted back to her normal self, she'll either faint or feel dizzy.

...Because her real body can't catch up to Yoru's ability and her demon side is even sucking all of her human strength and energy.

She thought that Yoru actually needs human blood and flesh like the other regular demons but instead, Yoru devours herself.

She shook her head off thinking that it's probably not that for she doesn't really crave for them. Maybe it's actually because her human body can't catch up to her demon abilities, especially that Yoru is actually a strong demon who uses Blood Demon Art.

Giyuu watched her slump down on the grass and planned to get her up but chose not to and stayed on the same spot with the reason of 'he doesn't want to meddle'. But indeed, he wants to apologize for being harsh.

F/N looks up to the sky and sighed. "Do you think...Shinobu-san's still awake?" She asked.

The man flinched when she spoke to him which he didn't expect. "She's not here."

F/N pouted and shifted her sight to him. "I'm sorry," she whispered, enough for Giyuu to hear. His mouth gaped open at her sudden apology so he walked towards her.

"I'm the one who's supposed to apologize," he said while extending a hand to her. "Sorry for making you mad."

She chuckled and accepted his hand which carefully pulled her to stand. "I'm not mad."

"You're not?"

"Is that what you think?" She tilted her head.

"You're not talking to me so I thought you are," he replied.

"No, I'm not mad. I'm just thinking," she said.

"About what?" He asked. Giyuu suddenly felt her hand trembled a little so he frowned. "Is there something wrong?"

F/N smiled weakly and avoided his gaze. "I'll...tell you...next time."

"As much as I respect your decision, you look bothered with that," he commented. "I'm worried, F/N."

"I promise to tell you once I'm sure," she said lowly. "So please....wait."

Giyuu nodded slowly. "I'll wait."

"I

"I...see," Shinobu muttered. "So it's really...because of that?"

"What do you mean, really?"

Shinobu chuckled as she fixed her uniform. "I've also thought that, and I guess I am right," she said. "Yoru is still a demon, I see. I mean...I understand. If a person is malnourished, they need food to be healthy. Just like any other demons, they need human flesh to gain more power...and as for you or your demon side, she still needs a source of her own strength," she explained. "Although, I don't suggest to train her too much. Maybe 50/50. And you can't use her to travel places, and I also don't suggest staying in that form more than an hour. I think that your safest limit is only one hour, so please don't exceed that count."

"Uhm...what if I really have to?" F/N asked.

Shinobu gulped and blinked. "Well...I think you have to sacrifice if that's the case," she answered. "I'll also try to make a medicine for you and it might take a while...So until then, please don't exhaust yourself too much."

"I will," F/N answered while nodding.

"I'll take blood samples from you and your other form later so I can start right away," she said. "And the news also reached Oyakata-sama so he said that you should refrain from going into frontlines for a while until your full recovery."

F/N bowed at her. "Thank you very much!"

As she left her office, Shinobu sighed at her condition, admitting to herself that making a medicine for her is not easy. She couldn't even think of an idea on how her demon will stop draining her strength without her awareness.

"Is it possible...if I asked for her brother's blood too?" she whispered.

to be continued.