❄️ 16

When you arrived at the forest, it was already dusk after traveling for two days.

You thought it was a perfect time for the demon to come out.

When you started hearing rustlings around, you didn't hesitate to draw your sword in case he pops out of nowhere and attack you.

After a few minutes, you jumped back when someone appeared in front of you and made you wonder where did it come from.

A demon who's wearing a dotted, bamboo colored yukata with pinstripe pattern and golden earrings on both of his pointed ears, three cross-shaped scars on his forehead and both of his cheeks, and of course.

The number engraved onto his orange irises. Lower Moon Three.

"A demon slayer again," he said lowly, and it sounded like he's disappointed. "And you are alone."

"I was sent here to finish you," you said coldly.

The demon laughed. "Finish me? I've heard that a lot of times from the other demon slayers. And look at them now, all inside me."

You nodded. "I see. But I think today's your last day feasting humans."

"And what makes you think that? Do you seriously think you can finish me? A Lower Moon Three?" He sneered.

"And why can't I? Aren't you weaker compared to me?"

"Huh?" The demon asked.

"I haven't said anything yet, dummy," you said while squinting your eyes.

"You're calling me dummy?"

In a second, he made a very quick move towards you to scratch you with his hands but to your fast reflexes, you dodged it and managed to slice off his hands.

"You sure are fast," he said. "I am Wakuraba, have a name?"

(Wakuraba died by Muzan, I don't care, let's give him a quicker death 💀)

"Is giving names really necessary?" You asked uninterested. "Fine, my name's F/N. Beautiful isn't it?"

"Well then, F/N... Should I write your name in a stone and placed it to your grave? Must be a pleasure," he said and laughed again.

"Being buried by a demon feels honorable," you said. "But I don't feel any excitement on dying by your hands...What if, the opposite? Since you gave your name to me, I shall carve your name into a stone and placed it somewhere here after I snap your head away from your body. How does that sound?" You exclaimed while smiling softly, but sarcastically.

Wakuraba shook his head and his hands already regenerated. "Don't get too cocky, F/N. I'll make sure you'll die first so I can dig a grave for you...A forest grave sounds really nice, isn't it?"

The smile never left your face at all. "Being a Lower Moon doesn't mean I should be scared at you," you said and something struck your mind. "Oh, by the way, do you know anything about the Crescent Moon?"

His brows raised at you. "What made you so interested about her?"

"She's strong, right? She's at the same level is Kibutsuji, am I right?" You asked.

"My lord is the only one strong! That Yoru will be no match for him! Never!" He snapped and started attacking you.

"And here I thought we could get along."