❄️ 71

"Hmm, I see," Obanai hummed in an uninterested tone. "Six, the weakest Upper Moon. The six thing aside, you beat an Upper Moon. We should actually be celebrating."

His words made F/N turn to him and saw how annoyed Tengen and his wives are. Well, can she blame them?

"I should praise you or something..." Obanai added.

"No, I don't really need your praise," Tengen retorted.

"THAT'S RIGHT!" Suma yelled.

"You're pretty late," Makio said. Hinatsuru stayed silent.

"Y-You're so late! Were you actually coming? You're so late!" Suma added.

Kabarumaru, of course, is Obanai's spirit animal, hissed at them, making the three wives scream in fear. F/N shook his head and started tracking for the other people Tengen brought with him, but still, she couldn't find anyone, so she walked towards her cousin's direction instead.

"What were you thinking losing your left arm and eye?" Obanai asked sarcastically. "Even if this was just a fight against Upper Moon Six, at best...How long will it take you to recover? Who'll take your place while you're doing that?"

F/N stood behind him and smiled when Kaburamaru looked at her, implying to get him from Obanai, so she extended her hand and let the snake crawl over around her neck. "Spare him, Onii-san," she muttered.

"Tsk."

"I'm retiring, man. I just can't fight anymore," Tengen said, causing F/N to look over Obanai's shoulder. "Oyakata-sama will probably allow me to do so as well."

"Maybe it is the best idea," F/N butted in, just by seeing Tengen's situation, she knows that it's going to be hard for him to fight again.

"Well screw that, I won't allow you," Obanai said.

"Onii-san—" She scolded but got cut off.

"Right now, too many youngsters are dying off without showing any kinds of growth," Obanai continued. "And there are already vacant pillar spots thanks to Rengoku dying."

"Having you in the shape you're in is better than losing you. Fight to death," he added.

Tengen chuckled. "Oh no, the young ones are definitely growing."

"Eh?" She muttered while Obanai looked at him in question.

Then his wives started hitting each other. "Well, the boy you absolutely despise is growing," Tengen said.

Both cousins' eyes widened at what he said.

"Whoa...You're kidding?" Obanai asked in disbelief. Then both of them spoke at the same time.

"He survived? This fight? Kamado Tanjiro?"

"They survived?! Where are they?!"

Tengen only chuckled silently at the the difference of the two's personality. "They're over there, Soyama."

F/N followed his gaze and saw the four hugging each other. The sight made her tear up. "WAAAHH THANK GODS! WE'RE ALIVE!" Zenitsu yelled.

She immediately ran towards them and Tanjiro noticed her presence. "F/N-san!" He greeted weakly.

"F/N? F/N?!" Zenitsu turned to her. "F/N-chan!"