𝟚𝟘

~ October ~

.

The trees were bare having lost the last of its leaves. The branches swayed naked in the breeze. Despite my many layers, I felt as naked and lost standing in front of them.

Fall started, and it was colder than I ever thought it could be. On my way to the academy, I had to endure the icy wind which brushed against my face and going through my hair and clothes, making me shiver.

I clutched onto the coats collar, pulling it up to protect my neck, which was quite exposed due to lack of collar on the shirt.

I entered the lobby, quickly scanning it for any signs of familiar faces. To my luck, I spotted Jeongin and Felix, together with Soomi, sipping their coffees as they stood near the radiator.

I walked over to them, their faces smiling upon my arrival and my hands getting a chance to hold a warm cup of coffee which Soomi prepared for me.

"I am so thankful for this buildings heating system." I said, leaning gently against the warm radiator, my body slowly starting to get more relaxed as the coldness left my system.

"It's still fall honey. Wait till December comes, bringing along the snow." Soomi said.

"I might as well skip classes." I said, realizing how cold the winter will be. Even though both fall and winter were a beautiful sight to see, especially in Seoul, it was still too cold to enjoy it while being outside.

"So, y'all know it's Chan's birthday tomorrow right?" Felix reminded us, and in fact he was right. Today was October 2nd, meaning Chan's birthday was tomorrow, as well as that national boyfriend day.

"If things bound to end up like Han's birthday, I ain't doing it." Soomi said, and honestly I agree. That one went awful, even though the boys enjoyed it.

"He's not a big fan of surprise parties, so we could just buy presents and have a movie marathon at our place, with a lot of snacks and warm drinks." Felix suggested, and that was exactly what we did.

That same day, we all bought presents, and then kidnapped Chan the next day after school, taking him to Felix's apartment, where Soomi and he prepared everything.

It turned out as a nice doing at the end, because he had that precious smile of his when we brought him there and sang him the happy birthday song, bringing along the cake.

We took our seats, plates with slices of cakes in our hands, and snacks & drinks settled on the table. Instead of choosing some movie with like multiple parts, they chose different kinds; also different genres as well.

It went from action, to romance, to cartoon, horror, and of course a comedy because the horror one ended up being watched late at night, and that did not sound well.

It was a perfect birthday, as Chan described it. He was grateful he had us and that we did this for him.

Enjoying every moment of it, smiling together, crying if needed, screaming when something scary pops up; at least we screamed while certain someone would just laugh at those scenes.

That certain someone being Minho.

I swear, he is not doing good up there *pointing at his head*. Either he has some kinds of problems or he's just a fearless person. But then again, he kept laughing at it like a psycho so I can't really tell.

"DON'T GO THERE YOU STUPID DUCK!" Han yelled at the female protagonist, who even though she was warned to never open the basement door, still did it.