𝟚𝟞

"Did y'all break up?" Felix asked, when there were only him, Soomi, Jeongin and me in the café, while the rest of them had either classes or something to finish so they left.

Instead of giving him a clear answer, I just took a sip of the tea I ordered, looking out of the window.

"He loved you." Soomi said, and I nodded knowing that myself. "Yes, he did,"

"But, he didn't love himself. He saw himself as a bad guy, a guy who destroyed the good and ruined everything in his path. So, he forced himself to do just that. To ruin us, destroy what we had." I kept my gaze on the snowy roads and couples who walked on them.

"Would you go back?" Felix asked. "Yes." Because as sick as it was, even if he chose to break me again, I would do anything to have him one more time.

"Wasn't that impossible love from the beginning?" Soomi asked, mostly looking at Felix as if the question was for him. "I didn't expect it to be more anyway," I said, their eyes glued on me.

"I mean.. To see his face, to hear his voice, his smile.. I really didn't expect anything more." I said, my voice quieter than a whisper, at the verge of cracking.

"You're rare," she put her hand on top of mine, our eyes meeting theirs. "So people are gonna fall in love with the idea of having you, but most of them aren't used to rare, they're foreign to it, so they'll lack the capacity to treat you as such." she kept ranting.

"And that's where they lose you."

"Why are you two telling me all this?" I asked, not wanting to be pitied by them, and look like I was a victim of some sort. "Tell that to him."

"He does realize what he lost." Felix said, looking out as well. "And that's why he can't speak to you now." he said, as Soomi looked in the same direction he had his eyes on.

They were locking their gazes onto the boy we were talking about. Except, he couldn't see us at all. The cafés windows were dark from the outside, and clear from the inside.

I looked at him smiling and laughing with a group of people, and my heart filled with love and I thought: 'Yes I choose him, he is my person.'

But what I saw then was his hand casually placed around Yuna' waist, telling me that he hadn't chosen me to be his.

"He realized, huh?" I mumbled, clearly not convinced by Felix' words. If he cared, he would show it. And he obviously doesn't.

"Why him?" Jeongin blurt out, finally speaking after just listening to our weird conversation.

It was a good question. Why not the guy with good grades and warm smile and perfect manners? Why did I choose him—him with the dangerous aura and mysterious smirks and flirtatious winks?

Perhaps it was because he challenged me, made me question everything. He intrigued me, and I wanted to know more about him, which eventually led me to this.

He infuriated me at times, but in the end no one could make me laugh like he did. He was genuinely a mystery.

"I'm going to check the results, and head home." I said, having the biggest intention of colliding with the bed and sleeping for the rest of this tiring day.

"Y/n-" Soomi wanted something, but Felix spoke to her, and made her decide to leave me be.

"I wanted it to be you. God damn, I really did." I said, walking as fast as could to reach the main building. We weren't even dating that long. It all lasted 3 months total and yet seeing him every day made me miss him this much.

I got over Sunwoo more easily, since we had the long distance relationship after I left Seoul. It didn't hurt that much, since I already felt like we were drifting apart.

But, Hyunjin is a totally different story. The one I don't want to finish reading. He's the book I don't want to close.

He had eyes like rain and hair like waves, and a soul as vast and deep as the ocean. And I guess I didn't mind drowning in him.

.

.

[Little does she know, he thinks about her too..]

.

.

Thankfully, after seeing the exam results, I let out a revealed sigh knowing I passed.

Wishing nothing more but to get back to the apartment and sleep through the rest of the day, I turned around causing myself to bump into something, more like someone who was standing behind me.

"I'm sorry." I bowed my head, apologizing, like I learned. Not even looking up, I just bypassed the person who turned out to be a man, and continued my way to the exit. "Y/l/n?" he called out.

Stopping in my tracks for a while before hesitantly looking back, my eyes met a familiar silhouette.

"Choi?