𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔼𝕟𝕕

~ D-day ~

.

"Congratulations to all of you, for passing this year. And I wish you even better luck in the next one. Enjoy your summer break." The principal held a speech for us, and at the end he politely smiled and waved at us.

Every student said their thank you' and went in different directions. My group was in the caffe, so I just quickly went to grab something out of Chan' trunk, before heading to meet up with them.

"Hey love!" Soomi greeted me, and I walked towards them with my suitcase following me close behind. Their eyes shifted towards it and realization struck their faces.

"What?" was all they could've said, out of shock. "I came to say goodbye." I said, looking at their confused faces. "What? Didn't you tell me go save myself? I'm leaving." I looked at Soomi in particular.

"I don't know.. Now that you mentioned parting.." she muttered. No one was happy that I'm leaving, neither am I. But the program is over, I used up the scholarship, and the visa is soon expiring.

It was time to say goodbye and go home. Being an exchange is letting your heart be divided into several pieces and let them be taken to every corner of the world..and hope that one day they all meet again.

"So, it's time huh?" Han asked, disappointed that this year passed so quickly. I got attached to all of them, and seeing them on the verge of tears right now is breaking my heart.

"Unfortunately." I said and he literally jumped up and hugged me so tightly like I was going to disappear as soon as he let go.

"If y'all start crying, so will I and I'll kick your butts if my makeup is ruined." Soomi whined, seeing how Han started sobbing, and soon after him so did I.

"Why are you crying, you're making me cry too." I said, patting his back. "I'll miss you, noona!" for the first time in a year he called me something else, besides my name. "I'll miss you too, my little quokka."

Not being able to withstand seeing them cry, I refused to let them drive me to the airport. And instead, called a taxi.

When it arrived, Chan put my suitcase in the trunk and I looked at them one more time. Now everyone was crying. I even saw Minho' eyes shining for a moment before he started comforting Han and Jeongin.

"Well, goodbye." I said, my voice finding a way to crack. "But, even though we're saying goodbye now, y'all will always be in my memories and I will always treasure the memories that I created with you."

After more goodbyes were said, I sat in the backseat of the car and closed the door. The driver slowly started driving away, while some of the boys started running along with the car, waving at me.

For a slight second, I even managed to see the blond locks of a certain person hiding into a valley, before the car sped up and disappeared from their eyesight.

You really get a strange feeling when you're about to leave a place. Like you'll not only miss the people you love, but you'll miss the person you are now, at this time and this place, because you'll never be this way ever again.